Goons Are Failing At Dickery

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Goons Are Failing At Dickery

Postby niltrias » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Delamore wrote:I'm sorry that we're actually gamers and have opinions on the games we play. Also Goonswarm is made up of 3,000 goons out of a pool of 110,000 different goons.
You really don't think that every goon is the same do you?

There are 3,113 players. If goonswarm accounts for 3,000 of them...they must be 99.9 percent of the total player base!
Gah!
Let me be the first to welcome our new goon overl...
...wait
I generally see a good 1/4 of of the online people in private IRC or in game, and they arent goon. Huh. Looks like someone needs to get some fact checking.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby sabinati » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:40 pm

eve only has 3000 players? that can't be right.
sabinati

Postby Delamore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:24 pm

niltrias wrote:
Delamore wrote:I'm sorry that we're actually gamers and have opinions on the games we play. Also Goonswarm is made up of 3,000 goons out of a pool of 110,000 different goons.
You really don't think that every goon is the same do you?

There are 3,113 players. If goonswarm accounts for 3,000 of them...they must be 99.9 percent of the total player base!
Gah!
Let me be the first to welcome our new goon overl...
...wait
I generally see a good 1/4 of of the online people in private IRC or in game, and they arent goon. Huh. Looks like someone needs to get some fact checking.

I see you're very good at reading posts through and making proper arguments against them.
Delamore

Postby Jackard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:36 pm

well you shouldnt expect too much out of these people you know

blithering idiots
Jackard

Postby kimya » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Jackard wrote:well you shouldnt expect too much out of these people you know

blithering idiots

im wondering what kinda guy you actually are, as you insult everyone, except the gods and yourself. its kinda amusing.
kimya

Postby Delamore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 pm

kimya wrote:

blithering idiots

im wondering what kinda guy you actually are, as you insult everyone, except the gods and yourself. its kinda amusing.

STAND UP AGAINST THE GOONS I'D RATHER DIE THAN PAY THEIR RACKET
<logs out when Delamore talks to me at RoB>
Delamore

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Delamore wrote:
kimya wrote:

blithering idiots

I'm tough and cocky as a motherfucker, I rob so much that I run out of places to rob. I've robbed from jorb himself! (Except someone else did it when I'm actually called on it)
<whines and moans when jorb starts a faction>

Like most evils, you are little more than a faint shadow that fades to nothing at the first hint of a breaking dawn.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby niltrias » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Delamore wrote:I see you're very good at reading posts through and making proper arguments against them.

Goonswarm is not in the dictionary. I reasoned from context that the available pool would be total SA membership, and the people who we interact with in this game would be the smaller number, hence "goonswarm" would be the goon players in this game. If there is some other SA-specific meaning of "goonswarm", well, it isn`t exactly English, so I could hardly be expected to know.

So, unless you can give a meaning of "Goonswarm" that is more reasonable, I stand by your statistics FAIL.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby kimya » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Delamore wrote:
kimya wrote:

blithering idiots

hey i said id rather kill you than pay the racket. now bring it on, im curious.
kimya

Postby Xarx » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 pm

niltrias wrote:
Delamore wrote:I see you're very good at reading posts through and making proper arguments against them.

Goonswarm is not in the dictionary. I reasoned from context that the available pool would be total SA membership, and the people who we interact with in this game would be the smaller number, hence "goonswarm" would be the goon players in this game. If there is some other SA-specific meaning of "goonswarm", well, it isn`t exactly English, so I could hardly be expected to know.

So, unless you can give a meaning of "Goonswarm" that is more reasonable, I stand by your statistics FAIL.

Goonswarm is what the group of goons are calling themselves in EVE. A simple google search would have revealed this.
Xarx

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled