Ring of Brodgar Claimed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Ring of Brodgar Claimed

Postby kobnach » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

This is probably old news to many of you. But for those who don't know, the City of Brodgar has claimed the Ring of Brodgar. Be careful to walk out of their claimed area before putting down any trade goods you may be carrying.

To the devs - could we please have some means of creating a claim-free trading area. This trick of claiming a common trade zone is a great way of stealing moderate value merchandise from unwary folks who don't think to check for new claims, and don't want to leave theft clues to reclaim their property.
kobnach

Re: Ring of Brodgar Claimed

Postby Jeff » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

I've seen. I was hoping to get some pumpkin seeds from there, when they sprouted. I hate them. :cry:
(well, i'll have to wait for a trade for them, then)
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Fluffy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 am

Kobnach, you have 666 posts at the time of me reading this thread >_>

and yeah, the Ring of Brodgar should have a no claim zone. (edit: until it's removed that is)
Your ad here
Fluffy

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 am

Yes kobnach, it's been mentioned in a thread in either the critique or the inn, possibly both.

Yes people please stop dropping your trash in our city and cluttering up the place, it's about 10 seconds to walk out of the authority radius, less if you run.

See critique forum for pestering the devs on fixing the village authority item trap problem.

Jeff wrote:I've seen. I was hoping to get some pumpkin seeds from there, when they sprouted. I hate them.

I doubt our claiming them is going to make a large difference on your chance to get the pumpkin seeds.
When they're grown we'll be more than happy to share them out, TCoB is a noob help town, we're in favour of pumpkin proliferation
theTrav

Postby CG62 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:04 am

Am I the only one who feels that TCoB has overstepped it's authority here a bit?

I'm fine with the expansion of a growing city, but the RoB is supposed to be a communal gathering area (or rather, it has proven to be so).

Hell, I'm starting to feel a bit threatened by TCoB. They're the only organized superpower on the map (No offense Swampcrazed, Wayneville, etc.).

AFTERTHOUGHT:

Now that I think about it, Cake Province is pretty powerful too. You just don't hear about them as much as TCoB.
CG62

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 am

CG62 wrote:Am I the only one who feels that TCoB has overstepped it's authority here a bit?

clearly you are not

CG62 wrote:I'm fine with the expansion of a growing city, but the RoB is supposed to be a communal gathering area.

according to who? According to the dev's it's supposed to be non existant

CG62 wrote:Hell, I'm starting to feel a bit threatened by TCoB.

If it makes you feel any better as chieften I am more than happy to agree to a no cost non agression pact between TCoB and you and/or your settlement.

CG62 wrote:They're the only organized superpower on the map (No offense Swampcrazed, Wayneville, etc.).

LOL *cough*chernobyl*cough*
theTrav

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am

on the map
sabinati

Postby roundedge » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:56 am

jorb wrote:The ring of Brodgar is still available as a travel destination (as is, btw, your Charter stone), but this will be removed when the infrastructure for doing so is in place. Start building your crossroads.

The ring of Brodgar is destined to become a relic. The City of Brodgar, as a noob town, believes that the rings only fitting function, as a historical monument, is to provide a visual indicator of the significance of The City, to those who are just starting the game, as they cycle through Charter Stones. The ring was going to be claimed eventually, all Hearthlings should see it as a moral victory that this piece of our history is claimed by a city who's borders are open to all, so that any player in the future may make their own pilgrimage to this sacred site. God forbid the GEA decided to extend its claim over the ring. The City sees the ring as part of its manifest destiny.

To those who have lost their personal belongings, I apologize for the jarring transition, it is unfortunate that items dropped on village land are not able to be picked up again at the moment, I believe the devs are working on that issue. Our intent with this project was not to use this as an opportunity to steal random items of moderate value from myopic cretins. In terms of reparations for lost items, the Chief has the final say, but I would not expect him to be overly enthusiastic about responding to angrily worded messages about unverifiable claims on long gone items. It is simple enough, when there is a giant rune encrusted stone in the very middle of the RoB, where there was never one before, you should probably have your wits about you.

Also, lulz.
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

Postby Killface2 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 am

roundedge wrote: It is simple enough, when there is a giant rune encrusted stone in the very middle of the RoB, where there was never one before, you should probably have your wits about you.

Also, lulz.
I guarantee it!
Killface2

Postby roundedge » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 am

I have designated a lost and found area in an unclaimed corner of the city. It is my hope that my fellow Brodgarians will place any found crafted items there, for their owner to pick up. It is also my hope that the general populous does not take from this area that which does not belong to them.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=6428&marker=27826
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled