Ring of Brodgar Claimed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Claimed

Postby Jackard » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 am

if you consider the good will Brodgar has earned in the past, it takes a brilliant mind to kill it off so quickly

roundedge wrote:
jorb wrote:The ring of Brodgar is still available as a travel destination (as is, btw, your Charter stone), but this will be removed when the infrastructure for doing so is in place. Start building your crossroads.

The ring of Brodgar is destined to become a relic. The City of Brodgar, as a noob town, believes that the rings only fitting function, as a historical monument, is to provide a visual indicator of the significance of The City, to those who are just starting the game, as they cycle through Charter Stones. The ring was going to be claimed eventually, all Hearthlings should see it as a moral victory that this piece of our history is claimed by a city who's borders are open to all, so that any player in the future may make their own pilgrimage to this sacred site. God forbid the GEA decided to extend its claim over the ring. The City sees the ring as part of its manifest destiny.

To those who have lost their personal belongings, I apologize for the jarring transition, it is unfortunate that items dropped on village land are not able to be picked up again at the moment, I believe the devs are working on that issue. Our intent with this project was not to use this as an opportunity to steal random items of moderate value from myopic cretins. In terms of reparations for lost items, the Chief has the final say, but I would not expect him to be overly enthusiastic about responding to angrily worded messages about unverifiable claims on long gone items. It is simple enough, when there is a giant rune encrusted stone in the very middle of the RoB, where there was never one before, you should probably have your wits about you.

Also, lulz.

i believe we should learn from this mans example, truly his callousness is an inspiration to us all at Chernobyl
Jackard

Postby CG62 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 am

I somehow get the feeling that a war (or wars) will break out over the Ring sometime in the future.
I must ask all of you Brodgarians, doth thou enjoy thine pie?

Also, Monsieur roundedge, the way you describe your claiming of the RoB makes it sound as if everyone should be praising TCoB as if they BUILT the RoB.

(re-formatted to make more sense)
CG62

Postby roundedge » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 am

The City of Brodgar does not mean to imply that any specific individuals are myopic cretins, it was merely trying to illustrate the fact that had The City decided to hatch a plan to steal people's belongings by placing a Charter Stone in the ring, the primary target would obviously be myopic cretins, who would, due to their ineptitude, have no valuable belongings. This is meant to illustrate the ridiculousness of the accusation that this was in fact our intent.
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

Postby theTrav » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 am

CG62 wrote:I must ask all of you Brodgarians, doth thou enjoy thine pie?

Brodgar bears only the greatest of admiration for the works of pie. as observable in the trading thread, we seek pie in large quantities for which we will pay handsomely
theTrav

Postby CG62 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 am

theTrav wrote:
CG62 wrote:I must ask all of you Brodgarians, doth thou enjoy thine pie?

Brodgar bears only the greatest of admiration for the works of pie. as observable in the trading thread, we seek pie in large quantities for which we will pay handsomely

Then thou art spared the blades of the holy pie crusaders...

...whenever we decide to get off of our arses and act upon our divine impulses.
CG62

Postby Leonard » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 am

Please do something about this. I wanted to trade a fair amount of goods today, and while waiting for my trade partner to appear, the failserver lag-kicked me. Guess what? I carried my boat with the goods in it. And I couldn't pick it up again as the area is claimed...heck, I couldnt even log in to try it cause IT IS CLAIMED. There really shouldnt be a claim on it as long as it is a publicaly accessible area where you can fast travel to!
Leonard

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 am

Leonard wrote:Please do something about this. I wanted to trade a fair amount of goods today, and while waiting for my trade partner to appear, the failserver lag-kicked me. Guess what? I carried my boat with the goods in it. And I couldn't pick it up again as the area is claimed...heck, I couldnt even log in to try it cause IT IS CLAIMED. There really shouldnt be a claim on it as long as it is a publicaly accessible area where you can fast travel to!

Way to let everyone know there's stuff to nick. Send a PM to bullmax or Krix and they'll see if your stuff is still around and put it in lost property for you.

also, yes it should be fixed, RoB should not be a public fast travel location
theTrav

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 am

Well, if your crossroads weren't so far from the edge of your claim and from the marketplace, people would use them instead.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:14 am

Potjeh wrote:Well, if your crossroads weren't so far from the edge of your claim and from the marketplace, people would use them instead.

The market place came after the crossroads, as did the charter stone.

We will consider relocating the crossroads, but that would be a bit of an effort requiring coordination as there are currently quite a few towns linking to them
theTrav

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:43 am

Are you saying that there may be a War of the Ring at some point in the future? Perhaps this conflict would determine who it might be whom will be "lord" of this ring?
Surprise.
Peter

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled