Ring of Brodgar Claimed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Claimed

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 am

Keep the old crossroads, just build new ones in addition to them.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Leonard » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Aye Trav, I know, and I know about the Lost n' Found area. But as the stuff in the boat was quite valuable for a newbie, I doubt there is anything left than 2 empty chests, if even. Its not about the stuff, we can recraft it in like 1 day. I just think it turns people angry if they port, misclick and their stuff is free to nick-and, as in my case, if they get kicked, they cant even log in there. RoB is an "official" point of interest, and an official travelling point, so everyone has access to it. Unless there is an alternative place for poeple to trade, and/or the ring is abandoned and wiped of his travelling point, it really shouldnt be claimed.
I know you want to have the newbs save, and I really appreciate your work - otherwise there would be a woodcutting/stuff stealing rampage across the heartlands. So I hope you wont take it personally, its just a screwed up situation right now, asit is.
Leonard

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Leonard wrote:So I hope you wont take it personally, its just a screwed up situation right now, asit is.

I don't take it personally, and I agree that the situation at the moment is sub optimal.

My primary point that I'm trying to make to you is that the ultimate problem is not the claim.
It's the system that won't let you pick up your own stuff that you drop on the claim.
theTrav

Postby Leonard » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:38 am

You got a point there :) This turned me off everytime I walked past bigger villages, as they will have their banners everywhere, claiming every dirthole. Killed or dropped animals, for example, automatically belong to them. Thats not very constructive, as you said. They should maybe implement a X minute ownership for dropped items/items on the floor. This will let basket trading be enabled. Or so o.O
Leonard

Postby memestream » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 am

CG62 wrote:Hell, I'm starting to feel a bit threatened by TCoB. They're the only organized superpower on the map (No offense Swampcrazed, Wayneville, etc.).

AFTERTHOUGHT:

Now that I think about it, Cake Province is pretty powerful too. You just don't hear about them as much as TCoB.

:lol:
memestream

Postby theTrav » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 am

memestream wrote:
CG62 wrote:Hell, I'm starting to feel a bit threatened by TCoB. They're the only organized superpower on the map (No offense Swampcrazed, Wayneville, etc.).

AFTERTHOUGHT:

Now that I think about it, Cake Province is pretty powerful too. You just don't hear about them as much as TCoB.

:lol:

BEWARE OF TCoB! We are coming after you with our whicker basket swarm and our ql0 branches!
theTrav

Postby CG62 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 pm

AFTERTHOUGHT:

Bloody hell. I posted that back when I still tried to keep my hands somewhat clean of ingame politics.

Now I still do, but I pay more attention to it at least.
CG62

Postby Nero » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 am

I dropped a basket here full of wheat accidentally during a trade transaction. Now I can't pick it up. :(
WHAT A WONDERFUL ARTIST THE WORLD IS LOSING!
Nero

Previous

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled