Haro

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Haro Port

Postby burgingham » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 am

And that has what exatcly to do with my comment? I am talking about flaws in his design here, doesn't matter which kind of villager he takes in. I wouldn't want to walk those ways everytime I need to get to the idol or even to the mine. But your comment reminds me: add walls!!!
burgingham

Postby Agarrett » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:39 am

I just saw WV's design layout before it was destroyed, and it is amazing. It would be awesome to get whoever designed it to please help me layout my town.
Agarrett

Postby burgingham » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:37 am

The old WV was mostly designed by Xybb, the new WV we so far created in a team effort. None the less, the secret is to find the mine first, then center the town around it. Preferably surround the mine with all public places you intend to build, like fields, a marketplace, the idol. Then make sure your claims surround those public areas with only short walking distances. You have kind of a stretched model, where everything is lined up. Building in a square makes much more sense though to keep distances small and still have enough space for everyone.

If you need anymore help, maybe I can asisst you with some drawings. We are using an online painting tool called twiddla. It is far from being perfect, but it serves the purpose of us all being able to implement new ideas and correct flaws.

Hope I am not givin away too much here ;-)
burgingham

Postby UnrealJake » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 pm

I think I might give GIMP or twiddla a go later on today, I see what you mean Buringham, the village I'm in now has quite a walk to the Herbalists table (Admittedly I think they belong to somebody, but I don't know who so I use them anyway) and it pains me, considering I'm trying to get a close supply of wood up and my stamina is often low from clearing stumps. If you have the mine in the center, with smiths closest, and build out from a point instead of along, it would be more efficient.

And may I add, Cutoff quoted me twice so I'm more important than you all :)
Lothaudus wrote:D) Try and get out of the boat and be told YOU NEED SWIMMING TO CROSS DEEP WATER.
UnrealJake

Postby Agarrett » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 pm

I made a new Twiddla server so we can work together.

http://www.twiddla.com/193503

If you want to come and join, be my guest.

Edit: after having some random noob come in and drawing all over the place, I am just going to pm the password to everyone.
Agarrett

Postby warrri » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Agarrett wrote:Edit: after having some random noob come in and drawing all over the place, I am just going to pm the password to everyone.

How surprising! :mrgreen:
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Agarrett » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm

No one has joined yet. Still waiting for some help.
Agarrett

Postby Barluco » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 pm

I never made a village before( i only lived on them), but the ones that i was part of had the mine and a well as the center of the village and had all the claims around it. I think this i a good design because you have everything near your claim.
Barluco

Postby UnrealJake » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Made a quick doodle of the town center, used too much room and there are loads of random scribbles on the saved file that don't show on my actualy drawing o.o
Lothaudus wrote:D) Try and get out of the boat and be told YOU NEED SWIMMING TO CROSS DEEP WATER.
UnrealJake

Postby Agarrett » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 am

I cleaned it up a bunch using the grid system. Please use the grid system when drawing from now on, as it makes things look much better.
Agarrett

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled