Haro

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Haro Port

Postby elwoodj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 am

sign me up, once the new world has arrived
elwoodj

Postby UnrealJake » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 am

If it comes too it, it could always be Haro village, by the water xD
Lothaudus wrote:D) Try and get out of the boat and be told YOU NEED SWIMMING TO CROSS DEEP WATER.
UnrealJake

Haro Port

Postby Agarrett » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 pm

theTrav wrote:
Jackard wrote:o yea? then give them to me if youre so smart

Planting trees next to water reportedly raises the level in all adjacent squares.

This can be used to make a dam, or a ford or A BRIDGE!

The problem with this is that it blocks ships from coming inland.

Also, if there are no oceans, we will look for a mine, then become simply Haro.
Agarrett

Postby Wolfang » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:28 pm

you could make like a bay using the trees, this would be pretty cool =D
sabinati wrote:But Wolfang, it's the mods who are trolls, remember. please have some mercy on this innocent victim of merciless trolling by the moderation team before you make any more ad hominem remarks about him.

Wolfang

Postby Cutuoff94 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Goddamnit, I leave for a few days and some discussion finally shows up, although not the kind I'd like. Well, I suppose I should give my say. If I sound like an idiot, I blame the pain from getting my wisdom teeth removed.

Agarrett wrote:I made a ruft draft of what I plan the city to look like approximetly. This is no way to scale, just a plain little layout. Anyways, it will be made to be more appropriate when the time comes, and fitted to the surrounding terrain. There will probably be a lot less vending stands/negotiation places/Captain Dwellings, as the most we expect to be in our city ever, at max is around 6 or 7 crews. (This is when the game gets a bit more popular.) Anyways, red is pavement, grass, or buildings. Green is forest dirt. Blue is water. Grey is just to separate the dock from the trading area. Before anyone builds, I want to approve where they expect to build and what. Here it is:

I can see where you're coming from Agarrett, but that layout sure as hell won't work. Forcing people to use crossroads or public boats (that would get stolen in a few hours if not less) just to go between the residential and commercial areas won't do. It would be best to just settle by the shore of a lake/ocean with no rivers in the way. That'd give us plenty of room to expand if need be and circumvent the crossroads/boats issue.

That's not the only issue though. First off, the "Private Negotiations Places" are completely useless and can simply be combined into the residential area. We could replace that area with a public industrial district, saving our citizens some space in their yards. Secondly, I think the commercial area may be useless too, but I need to think about it. I'll make some blueprints of my own later with the various ideas I'm coming up with, but I need to download GIMP first. I'm no digital artist, but I'm sure there's an adequate "straight line" tool.

theTrav wrote:
Jackard wrote:o yea? then give them to me if youre so smart

Planting trees next to water reportedly raises the level in all adjacent squares.

This can be used to make a dam, or a ford or A BRIDGE!

You only found that out NOW Trav? I knew about that a few days into my HnH career. I think you should leave stuff like that to the lurking master. :)

UnrealJake wrote:If it comes too it, it could always be Haro village, by the water xD

That's what I'm counting on. If oceans are going to be a part of the new world, it will be mentioned on Friday night (more like Saturday afternoon here on the east coast, but ah well). If nothing is mentioned, then we'll have to settle for a nice, large lake with various rivers branching off of it. Believe it or not, any river/lake can access any other river/lake on the same supergrid. Needless to say, that leaves plenty of options for a port in the new world. And crossroads still exist for a reason, so we'll be fine.

Agarrett wrote:The problem with this is that it blocks ships from coming inland.

Also, if there are no oceans, we will look for a mine, then become simply Haro.

Speaking of which, I'm willing to volunteer as the designated miner/prospector. I'll grind my way up to 25 Exploration, go on a carrot diet, eventually find Rustroot, and finally locate a mine and go full Industry. Hell, I have yet to even mine a single square from a mine, so the change in pace would be welcome.

UnrealJake wrote:I'm only fifteen too, but I don't mind you Zorilla, it would be a good idea to have someone who isn't as stubborn and foolish as us :P

I'm also underage, turned 16 back in January. I figured my username was a good enough indication, but I thought I would just throw that out there.

Now then, I think I've done enough of that. I'll do some city planning of my own and post the results later on.
Cutuoff94

Postby Agarrett » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:40 am

Let's face it, Haro Port is just a fantasy. They probably will NOT have a new level generator. So therefor, Haro Port is simply a dream. From now on, we are simply Haro. I have created a new plan that should be twice as effective while I was at school. I'll post it here once I have transferred my drawing to the computer.
Agarrett

Postby Agarrett » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:56 am

I forgot to add the chests at the trade area. Just 2 chests between the chairs in the trade area. Anyways, what do you guys think? Of course it will be modified to meet the terrain's shape.

Edit:

Current members:

UnrealJake
Cutuoff94
Thetrav (alt)
elwoodj
Gaskin

Naowhut did say she would join, but she's probably just trolling.
Agarrett

Postby Barluco » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 am

It is a good idea with a nice plan but.. you would need to find a spot near a mine, you will need a very large place to put this idea runnig, you qould need a considerable amount of villagers to make the whole village running up, to maintence it and to help you build it, since you will got a big area lots of people will try to raid your village... but all this things can be arranged, you have a good idea of how a village should be, if you ever got this idea working i would like to be invited :D
Barluco

Postby burgingham » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 am

Agarrett wrote:Naowhut did say she would join, but she's probably just trolling.

No she is not, she just wants to find another faction she can betray or sell out after a few weeks.
Besides, your model doesn't look effiecient at all. People will spend the whole day walking from one point to the next instead of actually being produtive.
burgingham

Postby Barluco » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:26 am

burgingham wrote:
Agarrett wrote:Naowhut did say she would join, but she's probably just trolling.

No she is not, she just wants to find another faction she can betray or sell out after a few weeks.
Besides, your model doesn't look effiecient at all. People will spend the whole day walking from one point to the next instead of actually being produtive.

That is the part where he take only the "good" villagers, he cant just go takin people, if he do so he will propably got robbed and his village wont grow and will be constantly in need of repair, choose well your citizens or your city will perish.
Barluco

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled