Thief Hunting

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Thief Hunting

Postby Flocke » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:04 am

somebody stole my boat!

first of all that doesn't matter and secondly the thief left some traces.
so if you are feeling boring deep inside and really don't know what to do, i can give you some "Reek of Theft".

go out and hunt him down, kill him or do whatever you like to do with a thief and think is funny.
let him work for you as a slave, let him cartography a far away supergrid or give him the order to run naked through brodgar the whole day or whatelse...

PM me, contact me via this thread or @ IRC

your welcome
Flocke

Re: Thief Hunting

Postby Spiff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 pm

... for a boat?
Spiff

Postby Flocke » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:45 am

A thief is a thief and scents are scents, isn't it?
Flocke

Postby Froggeryz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:03 am

...and this is why people rape whole towns instead of just taking an item or two, they know they may very well die so why not take as much as possible?
seriously, one boat?
Froggeryz

Postby Zelacks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:35 am

Flocke wrote:A thief is a thief and scents are scents, isn't it?

This.

Honestly, if I was strong enough, I would take on the thief, as he said, a thief is a thief, and next time, he will be stronger and could take more than a boat.
Around Zelacks -- NEVER RELAX
Zelacks

Postby Nero » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 am

What's the alternative? Just let people take your stuff and post on the forums that you're really unhappy about it?
Nero

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 am

Works for me :P
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Cain » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Zelacks wrote:
Flocke wrote:A thief is a thief and scents are scents, isn't it?

This.

Honestly, if I was strong enough, I would take on the thief, as he said, a thief is a thief, and next time, he will be stronger and could take more than a boat.

This is rediculous. The whole thing. If someone were to take you up on this offer it would be griefing just as much as killing a random stranger, except this way they couldn't even fight back or run away. Leaving aside the argument of if value of the stolen goods matters, *it's a boat!*
My opinion is that stealing a boat is far and away the least heinous of crimes. As long as they're on the water they're almost public property. I feel this way because:
1 there's nothing you can do with them besides sail (with invisible sails) them down the river. ie noones hoarding boats and no one sets off looking for boats to steal.
2 If it's important to you, put it on your claim/on land (in this case it was on your claim, but my guess is that the guy didn't have his "claim-sight" turned on and accidently "stole" it
3 If I take a boat that means I left my boat somewhere. So whoevers boat I took can take that boat (obviously not the same one, but the extra boat that exists in the game world)
4 You never know if they're actually being used/belong to someone
5 You only need one boat, so if a place has 5 boats they wont lose any power by only having 4.

Take this with a grain of salt, because obviously it's wrong to take some boats, like if the person is on the shore or has it very clearly claimed.

I guarantee you this guy didn't run onto your property and go on a mad boat stealing spree. If he was interested in stealing from you and leaving those scents he wouold have stolen something of value. I"m guessing you have your claim extending to the shore, and that's where your boat was.
I once dreamt of crafting beautiful thane's rings... then I discovered Big Bear Bangers. Now I smash beautiful things.
Cain

Postby Flocke » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 am

the thief stole my boat from my claimed land, he saw into some baskets with nothing worthfull in, so he left a lot of scents.

i found some time and i tracked him, but "the perpetrator is not logged in" for a few days now.
the thief seems to be Netto!

it's just a boat, so it doesn't harmed me, but it's good to know who lives in my neighbourhood.
Flocke

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am

Death to the criminal!
theTrav

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled