QL 82 clay is serious business

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: QL 82 clay is serious business

Postby theTrav » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 am

Potjeh wrote:overlapping villages just seems wrong to me.

Why? Never heard of contested territories?

What seems wrong to me is that there's no way for the villages to ever ever ever be removed, short of divine intervention
theTrav

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 am

Guess i'll have to do some new ovens...
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Vanigo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:38 pm

The obvious solution, I suppose, would be to set up another village with a charter stone there, so you can just spawn new characters there and not care about leaving scents. Which black skill does it take to dig on someone else's claim/village?
Vanigo

Postby Onionfighter » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:10 am

Trespassing.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Potjeh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 am

And it leaves a trespassing clue, right? So you can't be summoned for stealing the clay? If that's the case, I don't understand why either side bothered with village building.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 am

delamore claimed it with a regular claim, then they put down a village to revoke his claim, then he made his claim fucking huge and put down a village. i'm not sure why he put the village.
sabinati

Postby RaptorJedi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:30 am

My guess would be because the two villages overlap at the claim totem, so any attempts to get rid of it would possibly count as a "THAT BELONGS TO ANOTHER VILLAGE" type thing.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby warrri » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

What are you talking about?

And to whomever put those construction sites: They're rather a clue where to dig, they dont really stop anyone from digging and you dont need to touch them. There is shallow water you know..
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Potjeh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Yup, it's impossible to wall off clay.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Partilk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:34 pm

"The first man who, having fenced in a piece of land, said "This is mine," and found people naive enough to believe him, that man was the true founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows: Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody." -Jean-Jacques Rousseau, "Discourse on the Origin and Basis of Inequality Among Men".

" Pahom lay on the feather-bed, but could not sleep. He kept thinking about the land.

“What a large tract I will mark off!” thought he. “ I can easily do thirty-five miles in a day. The days are long now, and within a circuit of thirty-five miles what a lot of land there will be! I will sell the poorer land, or let it to peasants, but I’ll pick out the best and farm it. I will buy two oxteams, and hire two more laborers. About a hundred and fifty acres shall be plough-land, and I will pasture cattle on the rest.”

“Ah, that’s a fine fellow!” exclaimed the Chief. “He has gained much land!”

Pahom’s servant came running up and tried to raise him, but he saw that blood was flowing from his mouth. Pahom was dead!

The Bashkirs clicked their tongues to show their pity.

His servant picked up the spade and dug a grave long enough for Pahom to lie in, and buried him in it. Six feet from his head to his heels was all he needed." -Leo Tolstoy, "How Much Land Does a Man Need?".
Partilk

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled