Guild of Fisherman

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Guild of Fisherman

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:43 am

Low q pole roaches were q15, high q pole were q57. My equipment doesn't permit me to try greater variance with these lures. I guess I'll try it with rock lobster, but that crappy lure takes aeons to catch a fish :(
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:09 am

OK, just done experimenting with rock lobsters, using different quality components (plant fibre, bone hook).

I've caught 6 q13 pikes, 5 q65 pikes and 1 q65 bream. I think I accidentally cast in shallow water when I've caught the bream.

So, until evidence to the contrary is presented, I will continue to believe that quality of fishing pole components doesn't influence the type of fish caught.

I just ran out of metal hooks and my smith friend isn't online, so I can't do metal hook vs bone hook experiment. But going by gut feeling, I'd say it doesn't make a difference. To me it seems that the main difference is that metal hooks last a lot longer, but again it's just gut feeling.

I haven't yet experimented with any line other than plant fibre. I wanted to try yarn, but no sheep were at hand. I'll try that tomorrow, and silk line as well if I get any silk I don't need too much.

*edit*
For posterity, this experiment took place around 3PM in-game time.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am

i have a ton of q70 metal hooks if you want any
sabinati

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:29 am

OK, just finished experiment with metal hook, thanks to Sabinati. The experiment took place between 5 and 7 PM in-game, I had to change line on both poles, and I caught the following:

2x q15 roach
3x q16 roach
1x q15 pike
1x q16 pike
8x q64 roach
6x q69 roach

The low q fish were caught with bone hook, the high q ones with metal hook. The two pike indicate that hook might indeed make a difference, but they were both caught at the very start of the experiment, so it is entirely possible that the time of day was the main factor here. I think the results are inconclusive, and I tentatively stand by my hypothesis that hook type doesn't influence catch type.

Stay tuned for line type experiments tomorrow.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Previous

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled