Codexia.

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Codexia.

Postby StarChaser » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

C-C-COMBO BREAKER
StarChaser

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 pm

warrri wrote:Attackers advantage? What?????????????????????????????????????????????????ß Only if you really care about and make alts for attacking. Else your mainchar is gonna get fucked while you sleep.
The only thing preventing people ffrom running around killing everyone randomly is the DEFENDERS advantage of summoning you while youre sleeping no matter how many layers of brickwalls you have.

Yeah and with a Q100+ bow a murder alt is easy to make for raiding low to mid level towns. Lets not forget those who have Access to High level thanes rings.

Now, with scent decay there are way to completely avoid this sort of retaliation all together.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Partilk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Caradon wrote:
Jaltos wrote:
Potjeh wrote: The solution to the goon problem is banding together.

Yes please. Get all your juicy loot... materials clumped together. That is the best defense against goons. DO IT.

The idea is to produce just enough to develop attributes for all involved. Never to have a stash. You have enough players balancing their attributes and the goons have something to fear.

But people are too scattered.

Scattered isn't necessarily a bad thing. What those who want to wage war on Goons need, however, is a central point where they can meet up and coordinate their actions. A non-Goon version of Chernobyl, if you want, and I don't think such a place even exists at this time.
Partilk

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:54 pm

It's called Xanadu.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Potjeh wrote:It's called Xanadu.

Not. Major Fail.
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Well it certainly wasn't helped by you being a backstabbing bitch and selling intel to Delamore.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes. You're SO up to speed. What I did had absolutely ZERO effect. I thank you for the compliment that my dramatis persona was at all effective at do anything (other than making drama). Delamore still died. And it hasn't stopped goons one bit from raping and pillaging.

Besides. I only sold out Jorb. I never betrayed any of the specific people I was actually friends with. Including you. Btw. I still have your lembas if you want it back.
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks, but I still have a dozen. And I feel personally betrayed.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Sarien » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm

If people are really upset with the goons, the most productive thing they can do, IMO, is to find ways within the game to counteract them. Political alliances, underground resistance, grind factories, etc. The game is in an alpha stage, after all. We are here to test the mechanics and provide useful feedback. If the existing mechanics allow for one bullying faction to take over the game, then that is useful info for the devs as they go about their business.

It doesn't matter if the goon motives are altrusistic or adolescent. They represent an element which will always exist in mmo's. And, in fact, the conflicts that exist between such players and the more peaceful players is what makes these games interesting. How H&H eventually balances out the methods for resolving these conflicts will probably be a deciding factor in how successful a game it is.

Player babysitting, exiling aggressive players, making appeals for socially responsible behaviour. All wasted effort and not much fun, frankly. Fight back. If nothing else, go down swinging. Point out the flaws in the game mechanics so they can be better balanced as development continues.

IDK, I logged off a few days ago because I was bored with being a lowly vilage fisherman, and not a very good one at that. Now I'm on my own and looking over my shoulder, waiting for the axe to fall. That's part of the game and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Honestly, the current state of Brognar is much more off-putting than any goon behaviour. My little dude almost starved trying to get out of that blight. The one tree that existed there for gathering firewood was gone the next time I logged in. If I hadn't known people and had a place to go to, I would have quit without giving the game a second thought.

If you are worried about player retention, then fix that mess. Or better yet, raze it to the ground. :) Anyway, I'm sure testing the political game mechanics is a lot more useful than worrying about the size of the player base at this stage of development.

Just my tldr 2 cents, anyway.
Sarien

Postby Caradon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Chakravanti wrote:Yes. You're SO up to speed. What I did had absolutely ZERO effect. I thank you for the compliment that my dramatis persona was at all effective at do anything (other than making drama). Delamore still died. And it hasn't stopped goons one bit from raping and pillaging.

Besides. I only sold out Jorb. I never betrayed any of the specific people I was actually friends with. Including you. Btw. I still have your lembas if you want it back.

Nah nah, what needs to happen, is players camping spawn points and killing new players regardless after assassinating strong characters. In this way they will be crippled.

A temporary assault to prevent a permanent one.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled