Codexia.

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Codexia.

Postby Caradon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 am

Partilk wrote:
kedrigh wrote:troop morale.
bored people tend to quit.

As opposed to griefed people, of course.

They don't care. It's just a game to them, as long as they are having fun, fuck everyone else they are having it at the expense of.

*edit* There is a difference between just a game, where you play alone, and an mmorpg - where there's more community than your own.

Also, I can think of several real life things that matter even less than video games.

- Night Clubs
- Hard Drugs
- Alcohol
- Sports

4 things of which have less value, but are valued more. Things that people consider "lives"

So spare the drivel about games not being serious, they are as serious as people choose to make them. Those who don't take it seriously and mess things up for others are in the wrong, and don't belong. That's one of the few things that are universal truths

You don't respect something, don't take part in it.
Last edited by Caradon on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Caradon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:18 am

Partilk wrote:
kedrigh wrote:for the griefers it is a win/win situation.

And for games and those who make them?

Detrimental to the community as a whole.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Delamore » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 am

Hurr you aren't taking my games SERIOUSLY MAN YOU SHOULD TAKE GAMES SUPER SERIOUSLY
Delamore

Postby Caradon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:48 am

Delamore wrote:Hurr you aren't taking my games SERIOUSLY MAN YOU SHOULD TAKE GAMES SUPER SERIOUSLY

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying the game is large enough for your coward crusade to carve out its own area far away from anyone else without affecting them, To claim your own area, whether actually claiming it or not, and acting our your own laws there.

We all know you are bored, and grasping at straws to justify your in game temper tantrum because things aren't interesting enough for you, you didn't stop at codexia or innsmouth, Now you and others are harassing others completely unrelated just for fun.

It's sad.

Other people deal with their boredom in games other ways.. It's called logging off. or creating, not destroying. If you want to go around destroying shit, at least create a real government and a set area that you function in.
Caradon

Postby Jackard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:01 am

perhaps the onus of creating a system for governing man lies with you and not us

but you tribal lords love to bicker and argue. good luck with that~
Jackard

Postby kedrigh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 am

Delamore wrote:Hurr you aren't taking my games SERIOUSLY MAN YOU SHOULD TAKE GAMES SUPER SERIOUSLY

weren't you, like, priding yourself on the fact that the first goon raids made so and so many people quit just a couple of days ago, getting butthurt when i didn't care?
'coz it sure seemed like you were.
I have rules. I never eat children.
kedrigh

Postby poocolator » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:09 am

kedrigh wrote:
Partilk wrote:As opposed to griefed people, of course.

none of us quit. dunno about the other noobs del griefed. anyhoo, griefed people quitting generates drama, and drama is good for interest too. for the griefers it is a win/win situation.

Yeah, and it whittles away at the potential player base. It doesn't help the game's popularity.
poocolator

Postby Partilk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:08 am

I'm sure that Jorb and Loftar do. I'm also sure they don't want their game to be stillborn because a bunch of pricks from an outside forum (and notorious for their griefing behaviour) drove everyone else away before leaving themselves, out of boredom.
Partilk

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:31 am

I'm pretty sure that devs prefer discovering all the griefing opportunities now rather than further down the line. Chernobylians may be a bunch of antisocial dicks, but they're performing a vital function in testing of this game.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 am

What potjeh said. While Innsmouth is a little butthurt over this incident (okay, majorly butthurt). It has done two positive things:

1. Shown (yet again) the need for improved city defense and pointed out several other flaws in game mechanics (Albiet, Most of which are already known)
2. Given rise to extraordinary new politics.

Also. I must say it is most amusing that Jorb & Del take credit for something they had no direct participation in.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled