Codexia.

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Codexia.

Postby Caradon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Who the fuck do you think chopped all the trees around that area to begin with?
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Partilk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Caradon wrote:Who the fuck do you think chopped all the trees around that area to begin with?

I don't know, I started playing just recently. First I assumed that it was just a question of poor planning, like those who chopped down every last tree on Easter Island. Now I'm guessing it was done with griefing intent, like large plots covering roads. Luckily, when I started out, I was already told to avoid this by taking the crossroads at Brodgar to Blandinsville and do the rest on foot, so I was spared the worst.

I had the opportunity to visit Novigrad recently, and the same mess is brewing over there. Large areas without trees (and not out of need for wood: the logs are sitting there), a few homesteads haphazardly put together, no roads, nothing. I'd advise closing it to avoid creating another Brodgar wasteland.
Partilk

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Novigrad will be closed once the area is damaged enough. It can serve newbs for now. Once it's closed, I'll try to rally some people to plant trees, so I can reopen it. This was the plant from the get-go.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jfloyd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Potjeh wrote:Novigrad will be closed once the area is damaged enough. It can serve newbs for now. Once it's closed, I'll try to rally some people to plant trees, so I can reopen it. This was the plant from the get-go.

I'm sure I could get PLENTY of trees to plant at Novigrad. Just PM me when that time comes and I'll be on it.
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 pm

warrri wrote:Attackers advantage? What?????????????????????????????????????????????????ß Only if you really care about and make alts for attacking. Else your mainchar is gonna get fucked while you sleep.
The only thing preventing people ffrom running around killing everyone randomly is the DEFENDERS advantage of summoning you while youre sleeping no matter how many layers of brickwalls you have.

I can assure you that at least five of those forty nine question marks are superfluous.

The basic mistake you make here is to assume that I always consider a thief the attacker when I speak of an "attackers advantage", I do not. When a person with ranging tracks a thief in order to summon him at his hearth, he would, per my terminology, be the attacker. I speak of attackers and defenders in the relatively isolated contexts of one hostile interaction, roles defined by who initiated the encounter, regardless of the reasons the involved parties may or may not have had for initiating the encounter. Weighing the terms "attacker" and "defender" down with historical data on what interactions the parties have had in the past does not, in my opinion, help promote a basic understanding of the point I'm trying to make, namely:

Forts and claims do not offer enough protection from attacks, regardless of why you are holed up in them. Brick walls can be cut through "like paper", and anyone can get the black skills. And it would seem that you agree with that, so stop screaming.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby theTrav » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Sarien wrote:Honestly, the current state of Brognar is much more off-putting than any goon behaviour. My little dude almost starved trying to get out of that blight. The one tree that existed there for gathering firewood was gone the next time I logged in. If I hadn't known people and had a place to go to, I would have quit without giving the game a second thought.

If you are worried about player retention, then fix that mess. Or better yet, raze it to the ground. :)

1 - There are both claimed and unclaimed trees around the ring most of the time
2 - Some of them are fruit trees
3 - If you join the city of brodgar you gain access to TONS of new player friendly stuff

There are a few basic ways in which the "wasteland" situation could be improved

1 - Either allow a better mechanism for letting people join the village, OR allow better permission setups so I can let new players pick from the trees but not chop them.
2 - More people joining brodgar and sticking around for longer so brodgar isn't percieved as such a ghost town (I think there's about 3-6 actives at any given time and that's not enough for around the clock population)

The dev's can help with the first one, but only you players can help with the second
theTrav

Postby sabinati » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 am

Chakravanti wrote:Yes. You're SO up to speed. What I did had absolutely ZERO effect. I thank you for the compliment that my dramatis persona was at all effective at do anything (other than making drama). Delamore still died. And it hasn't stopped goons one bit from raping and pillaging.

Besides. I only sold out Jorb. I never betrayed any of the specific people I was actually friends with. Including you. Btw. I still have your lembas if you want it back.

name one rape or pillage that goons were responsible for since delamore died.
sabinati

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 am

name one rape or pillage that goons were responsible for since delamore died.

Ha goons. Since Waynesville is nutcupping with them rings n all, 'responsible' is a debatable matter obviously.

Besides. Jorb had less to do with Delamore's death than Delmore had to do with Sever's.

And the storm is coming. Right now, he's just training his newbies. Which, btw, are no longer newbies.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby sabinati » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 am

so if you bought rings from the goons and go do crimes, the goons are responsible eh
sabinati

Postby theTrav » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 am

He's got a pretty good point there chak... Given the amount of stuff you sell, you probably shouldn't be taking a "blame the merchant" line...
theTrav

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled