History repeats itself. Change of leadership page 28

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: History repeats itself.

Postby Jaltos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:29 pm

page 25 snipah
Caradon wrote:Genocide is required of the goons, We must be sure that their mains and alts have shit stats.

I don't see any distinction between good and bad goons here. I see unwanted hate against the ideology of a goon. Last time I checked, Genocide is not "KILL ALL THE JEWS!... except the good ones!"
Jaltos

Postby sabinati » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 pm

shut the fuck up caradon.
sabinati

Postby Darth_GW7 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Myself I have to hope the GOONs do well here.
They gained my respect after they crushed the Facepunch alliance on Ogame.
Darth_GW7

Postby Balian » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:21 pm

NaoWhut wrote:oh yeah i killed him too =|

his fault for only having below 200 hp

thats not true. the murderer was niltrias, and he is also down. :D
Balian

Postby memestream » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 pm

All goons who do not want to be associated with Delamore should make a public statement(in an original thread) that renounces their ties with him. Each individual goon who posts in that thread should list their characters, no further information is necessary. If any of these characters are seen trading/raiding/living with Delamore, they are stricken from the list.

Simple enough.

To be honest. I don't hate goons. I hate Delamore.(to a reasonable extent, I would possibly eat lunch with the guy) His self declared authority and representation of all goons has led me to support policies which eliminated all goons in the past. I've known for a long time that sabinati is from SA, as is Blaze, but I knew very well that neither of these players supported the bullshit that Delamore did. As far as I am concerned, 'goons' are a faction. If Xanadu were to use the same criteria for eliminating targets that Delamore's goons have in the past, anyone who had so much as been charged protection could be targeted. Xanadu set forth a more strict set of criteria than that even though, kill those in self-identified goon towns that Delamore claims to operate out of.

Haven and Hearth is a messy way to simulate a war. Things are being represented on a more or less tribal level, and about all that could be done in those days was kill or enslave the conquered. Enslavement isn't in the game, and it never will be, so expect things to get biblical when the enemy warband rolls in. There's simply no other way to diminish the conquered village's capacity for retaliation in a meaningful way. Hell, even in today's wars, civilian casualties are quite high. As long as there will be PvP in H&H, there will be 'innocent' hearthlings who die for it.

In this case, it would appear that something outside of the game has occurred which will make it less likely that it will be necessary for Xanadu to be as aggressive in the future. However, there was no way that Xanadu could have coerced or influenced this to come about in a direct manner. All Xanadu could do is say 'we will keep killing and raiding until you guys are either no longer playing the game or have made a serious change in direction.' Interestingly enough, that's a lot how real war works too. As Clausewitz said, "War is an act of violence to compel the enemy to do your will."

So at this point, I think it's up to the goons to depose the old regime and make it clear where they stand with the rest of the Hearthlands.
memestream

Postby sabinati » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 pm

memestream wrote:All goons who do not want to be associated with Delamore should make a public statement(in an original thread) that renounces their ties with him. Each individual goon who posts in that thread should list their characters, no further information is necessary. If any of these characters are seen trading/raiding/living with Delamore, they are stricken from the list.

Simple enough.

not going to happen. the goons are no longer a criminal organization and we will not be treated as criminals. like i said earlier, if you have a problem, talk to me about it.
sabinati

Postby Potjeh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, I think this whole drama saga has reached a happy ending for everyone.

Peaceful players can sigh in relief, as I'm certain that goons under Sabinati's leadership won't be killing and looting anyone who doesn't deserve it. Ie, if you don't provoke them, they'll leave you alone.

Xanadu can claim victory, because it's objective of stopping Delamore has been achieved. I trust they won't bother goons any more.

Goons can relax now that people don't want their heads. There may be a couple that are a bit thick and will still try to pursue "justice", but I'm sure that someone will always be there to put them down. In fact, if Xanadu wants to be consistent with it's policies, it should now turn it's wrath towards the players that are looking to kick the goons while they're down. It makes sense, because anyone attacking Pripyat now would be doing the exact same thing Delamore was doing, which would make him a threat to peaceful hearthlings everywhere.

But the real winner is Delamore. He got a ton of drama, which is what he plays for. And he has also sown the seeds of a drama-filled future for the game, as these events have driven a wedge of distrust between goons and pubbies. While most goons will be content to live in peace, a small number will seek revenge once they get more powerful. Likewise, while most of the rest will be happy to bury the past, a small number will hang on to their stupid grudges. And it only takes a couple of loonies to start a war if there's enough distrust between the two sides.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby memestream » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:36 pm

sabinati wrote:not going to happen. the goons are no longer a criminal organization and we will not be treated as criminals. like i said earlier, if you have a problem, talk to me about it.

Delamore is threatening people who trade with any member of Xanadu still. Do something about it.
14:03 Cut_lass umm ill buy that lembas for 8 bars of cast iron
14:03 Senith OO
14:03 Senith deal cut_lass
14:03 Cut_lass what q do you need ?
14:04 Senith dont care about quality
14:04 Cut_lass ok
14:04 Cut_lass keep me in mind then
14:04 Senith mostly used for repairing my plow
14:04 Cut_lass i have the iron imemdiatly available
14:05 Delamore| Senith, Cut_lass is Xanadu
14:05 Senith so what you gonna kill me for buying from them
14:05 Delamore| I may
Last edited by memestream on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
memestream

Postby swebonny » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Darth_GW7 wrote:Myself I have to hope the GOONs do well here.
They gained my respect after they crushed the Facepunch alliance on Ogame.

Whaat, you got to be damn kidding. When did we have an Ogame thread?
(I had 3 accounts with 500k + legit points!)
swebonny

Postby memestream » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Also, I fail to see how asking for a public declaration on the part of the goon playerbase about where it's allegiance stands is treating them like criminals.
memestream

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled