History repeats itself. Change of leadership page 28

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: History repeats itself.

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:50 am

Jackard wrote:in what world did you think that would fly

The Third Reich? I'll tell Jorb to draw an equippable patch of the SA grenade, which could be used to brand the goons.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby mikayel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:53 am

floating stars of david too, plz

or maybe just black face paint

http://www.blog.galleryrevisited.com/up ... 773317.jpg
mikayel

Postby Chakravanti » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:31 am

Jackard wrote:lol @ branding and registration

in what world did you think that would fly

The one in which not making your alliance changes public can get you killed.

Moreover memestream is right. Civilian casualties aren't just an 'accident' of war. It is a very strategic move to take out the production & supply of your enemy. I was supply in the military and they were blunt with us from day one. We were targeted whenever possible by the enemy far before front line soldiers were because soldiers can't live/fight without their supply. Now granted I was combat supply but civilian supply is just one degree removed because in actuallity there is no difference between combat and civilian supply. If you support one side's war effort you become a target as a strategic strike against the enemy soldier's supply. Combat or not, that's life, Death, Reality, Warfare, and it's all simulated quite well here in H&H apparently. Full fledged demonetization of your enemies for their choice of targets as well. The politico factor of this game is really what sets it apart from any other mmo yet again.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby StarChaser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:37 am

loftar wrote:
Jackard wrote:in what world did you think that would fly

The Third Reich? I'll tell Jorb to draw an equippable patch of the SA grenade, which could be used to brand the goons.

You know... If you guys added the ability to make town symbols it would be EPIC! Patches for the hearthings to wear on their shoulders. They could also sew it into the back of their shirts. And then finally flags would look cool. Maybe even be able to paint it onto the walls of buildings inside the towns influence.
Also being able to steal a town members clothing so you can pass off as one of the towns folk.
Okay I'm done day dreaming now... :P
StarChaser

Postby Spiff » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 am

Chakravanti wrote:It is a very strategic move to take out the production & supply of your enemy.

So wait, back up. It was a very strategic move to take out the production and supply of Xanadu then, was it not?
Spiff

Postby Chakravanti » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:42 am

And when did this happen?
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Caradon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:57 am

Spiff wrote:
Chakravanti wrote:It is a very strategic move to take out the production & supply of your enemy.

So wait, back up. It was a very strategic move to take out the production and supply of Xanadu then, was it not?

A town that merely trades here and there with another is not the same as a town specifically existing as a source of product development for the military power.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Spiff » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 am

Caradon wrote:A town that merely trades here and there with another is not the same as a town specifically existing as a source of product development for the military power.

So you're saying that Pripyat existed specifically and solely for the purpose of military power? Hmm. Interesting how we had no walls and 99% of our efforts were devoted towards crafting for trading and farming (with the other 1% being devoted to terraforming). Gooncraft is quality craft.
Spiff

Postby theTrav » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 am

Spiff wrote:is not

Caradon wrote:is too

Why are you still trolling each other?
The discussion on this thread is clearly over and neither of you are going to convince the other of anything
theTrav

Postby Chakravanti » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 am

Snot Stew. I have something valuable to contribute too.
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled