Brodgar Public Iron Mine, All hail Baron Drowner!

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Brodgar Public Iron Mine, All hail Baron Drowner!

Postby theTrav » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:37 am

[size=150]ALL HAIL BARON DROWNER! LORD OF IRON MOUNTAIN[/quote]
Drowner has recently taken the position of chieftan in brodgars sattelite iron mining village.

Please all citizens give him your support as he works to establish this colony as a publicly accessible economic hub.

The mine is open to all, if you see him or myself on IRC give us a yell and we will endeavor to get you to the mine.

Once you're there, you can join the village, mine away, and use any of the infrastructure there to your hearts content. We will be creating trading stalls there to supply miners with essentials such as coal, food and tea.

Please refrain from placing any personal claims or building permanent structures on or nearby the village grounds, Drowner is the lord of the mountain, and he makes decisions on public assets.
Last edited by theTrav on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
theTrav

Re: Brodgar Public Iron Mine, seeking Baron

Postby maltmaker » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:44 am

holy cow, this is exactly what i had wanted to do, and any help i can send your way id love to do so
maltmaker

Postby theTrav » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:09 am

maltmaker wrote:holy cow, this is exactly what i had wanted to do, and any help i can send your way id love to do so

I had seen your posts, I am glad you aren't offended at any "idea stealing" that may or may not have happened here ;)

If you want to run the mine send me a PM and we can talk details
theTrav

Postby Fetdaniel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:39 am

Clap clap clap. Brilliant! =)

I can provide food and tea, and especially beer for those long journeys.
Fetdaniel

Postby maltmaker » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 am

haha @fetdaniel thanks

but no, im not in anyway mad about idea stealing im just glad it happend, i was afraid it was never going to happen, cant wait to see this grand expiriment in action.
maltmaker

Postby theTrav » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 am

I should mention that anyone who wants to just do some mining should contact myself or chak on irc and we'll sort you out with access
theTrav

Postby Nogetsu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 am

I would be happy to take the position when I have finished the Farmer/Hunters Tutorial at Novigard if you want. I am going to be having Cooks making a lot of LOW quality Bread which should give no FEP and large quantities of Tea if I ever get some starting seeds...

It could be a good way to get those Newb Farmers the Iron they need for Plows, Cauldrons and other metal goods via Trade and Sale of their bed and Tea goods. That's if a Signpost from Novigard can reach that area easily for them to reach it at such a low level. Also a good place for setting up a small Marketplace too now that I think about it. I am around 45/50% of the way through getting the Tutorial finished...

I had always known that a Mine Tutorial would need to be managed at a large grade then a Farmer's Tutorial so I was planing to work on getting something like that working after Novigard...
Nogetsu

Postby Hamster2k » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:04 pm

I don't know what food exactly you want to offer, but I can provide lots of low Q meat and backery goods for a small price, contact me if interested. I would love to help newer players to get some iron, but I haven't even laid hands on iron myself so I have to put a small price on my goods, I hope you understand.
Hamster2k

Postby sikgamer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:00 pm

This is a nice idea and very community-orientated, but it could easily be abused. Especially with the current drama going on with Waynesville.
If you plan to run a public mine, prepare to keep it well defended from people who want to unfairly exploit or destroy it. It would be so easy for someone to make an alt, get into the mining village and completely dig the mine out beyond further use.
sikgamer

Postby burgingham » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm

We may have been agressive towards some fractions in the past, but we are by no means griefers. In addition I support tcob and Novigrad in their efforts to bring new players to the game, so we would never harm them. I think hermedicus even wanted to supply Novigrad with some basic stuff that requires metal...
burgingham

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled