its time everyone was in the loop:

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:08 pm

I seriously doubt you can eat all the cheese you have. And you know damn well there's not much risk of a revenge. You did it because you're bored and we both know that. And why are you bored? I'd wager it's because there's nothing left to do in Wayneville, ie you've made everything that can be made.

You know what I do when I get bored with a successful fortress in DF? I flood it with magma and start a new one from scratch.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby burgingham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 pm

There is no way we are going to do this, WV is just too beautiful. But actually you have a point, I have been thinking about travelling even farther out and starting my own little farm alot. Just for fun. The thing is with all those raids and griefing going on I am kinda scared ;-)
Maybe I will do it anyways and maybe I can get klauE to set up camp in the woods and meditate for a while to deal with all those anger issues.

Edit: Oh and we can very well eat all the cheese we got, just ate 1,5 chests of jorbo. The cheese we got from our raids is long gone anyway. Maybe the devs should think about grinding food with plowing and low q water...
burgingham

Postby Avu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Nao has been buddies with klaue way before that. Either way what she did was not the actions of a goodie two shoes like she pretended to be no matter the reason.

As for the raid lets dispense with the crap. Preemptive strike is an pretext.

And I know it's hard to fathom that some in your village disagree with your actions and might even communicate with the "enemy" but I also think Chakravanti is wrong about the reason why they do not speak up. Most humans are egotistical bitches and while they may contemplate on the perceived right or wrong of some action they will usually think heck at least the bad guys are in my camp and there is small chance of me being on the receiving end of bad stuff so whatever as long it's not me personally I don't really care that much about it.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 pm

burgingham wrote: so we fought a brave battle for the safety of our town

Bullshit. CoP never had plans of raiding waynesville. Adn there was nothing brave about your actions. You attacked weak skillers. That's cowardice if anything.
If your spies knew anything they'de know that. No, our interest was in targeting the specific guilty parties.

....and of course for the cheeeeeze...

Now that's a bit more honest you greedy bastard.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby burgingham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Let it all out, chak...you seem to have missed the "my conscience" part of my little speech. Some irony is indicated there, some paranoia about losing WV or my char as well.
burgingham

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:20 pm

burgingham wrote:There is no way we are going to do this, WV is just too beautiful. But actually you have a point, I have been thinking about travelling even farther out and starting my own little farm alot. Just for fun. The thing is with all those raids and griefing going on I am kinda scared ;-)

You should go for it. Basically, you're playing the game on easy mode right now. Running a small farm all by yourself is more challenging, because you can't rely on village members to provide you with everything you need. Acquiring stuff you need is hard (90% of the time the guy that has what you need doesn't need anything that you have), as is maintaining the whole thing and doing silk without anyone's assistance. When you're solo, every day is a challenge, and challenges are what makes games fun.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Avu wrote:You all seem to forget or haven't pieced together the fact that Nao Whut was a traitor way before this raid. Remember how she managed to track a single lonely murder alt from the raid on codexia? And how that lonely murder alt eventually got her killed at cutlasses claim? Well think on this.

The raid on codexia was done by Waynersvile like all the others with Delamore taking all the blame but wait Nao Whut is buddies with them she was also conveniently full tradition and wanted to get killed. Lo and behold the mighty dark knight Delamore comes once again to conveniently claim the blame for Naos "murder" them playing a nice drama show for the rest of us so we'd think how valiantly Nao got killed all the while nao posts her stats on the forum knowing full well it doesn't really matter as she is playing all sides.

The "murder" conveniently takes place at Nao's heartfire exactly on her "friends" claim betraying her trust because if I still need to spell it out for you there was no "murder" only friendly fire and by friendly I mean klaue delamore friendly.

So what is common knowledge about traitors? Once a traitor ... So maybe Nao did not give the crossroad sign to Wv and she might not have brought her buddies to vandalize and steal cheese YET (because let's be honest not nearly enough jorbonzola was ready also why they left all the cheese alone but vandalized stuff they did not need like tools and other types of food) but facts are she would have had done it eventually. So chakravanti calling her out just exposed her earlier rather than later. You are clearly deluded if you think a diplomatic approach would have had any other outcome in the long run.

As for all the blame that gets conveniently placed on Chakravantis head right now all I want to hear from you spineless tools is why didn't you fucking have the guts to say: wait man what you are doing is wrong that's not the way to do it. Nope you all kept silent. The only ones that had the guts to disagree and move on were the lazy bums of codexia and while I still think they are useless see the lazzy comment at least they had the guts to do their own thing instead of betraying like a few others did because I am pretty sure Nao was not the one that gave the sign in the first place.

My money is on our very own topic creator and his good buddy farmchamp aka village idiot aka jugabro.

Also for all parties interested Nao Whuts new name is Attonement (lousy joke I know).

Thats a weird story so ill spoil your fun and tell you how it really was:
Back in the days memestream was bragging about him killing people, especially joker who didnt have a clue of this game at all. Things came together, us being bored and codexians having many skellies and memestream being part of it. So we went to Codexia and killed some shit. Avu and memestream died. We saw the innsmouth signpost, and things came together, us being bored again, chak being a traitorous scum, chak flaming me and innsmouth having much cheese. So we went to innsmouth and found ibg parts of the brickwall unclaimed. That was your fault, at this point we wouldve stopped if the complete wall was claimed because Foofighter hadnt got enough strength for a brickwall ;)
Anyway, we went in, killed Sever who was was there, looted all zeh cheeze and some other things. When all were gone i stood there behind a cabin and waited for chak to log in. He didndt came, instead nao whut, who dodged two arrows and one-fisted me to death. We went back to innsmouth to take scents, it turned out nao only koed me, niltrias was the one giving the deathblow. So niltrias died to another 500k alt. This alt however was killed by nao and we tracked and killed her. Her hearth was at louse's claim. And guess what we found in that claim? Keys to Cakeport!
So the other day we were a bit bored again, i remembered i looted keys from louse who is an ally of nao(i hate nao, even now ;) ) and we went to cakeport, then to innsmouth. Then nao came and led us to CoP for her own reasons.
You know the rest.

Oh and, delamore did it all!

burgingham wrote:Oh and chak, interesting post. Trying to seed mistrust within our community? Maybe the only way to take away some of our power. I am gonna go ahaead and execute some villagers right now, just to make sure evreyone knows what they are up to...jeez

AGAIN? :o
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby lordrio » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:26 pm

too many bored people in this game :(
lordrio

Postby Caradon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Chakravanti wrote:
memestream wrote:hysterical

You're double QFT that shit. I won't deny I'm nuerotic as fucking hell. =d

he would start getting pissy when he didn't feel things were going his way.

I'd only like to add that 'my way' was the best interest of the community and I gave people more than reasonable time and opportunity to disagree and make logical arguments for doing things a different way and furthermore that was quite open to seeing things done as such. 'Cuz I'll be the first to admit 'my way' was more often than not pretty fucked up especially if I didn't get much time to think things through. MOre often than not everything was done my way 'cuz everyone kept asking what and how to do shit.

I can't say I all that much cared for the role of leadership in a community particularily with all the bitching and moaning done by people who barely fuckin' play but I took most of it in stide and still made sure everyone had what they asked for or needed that I could provide.

But as Pacho so candidly pointed out this is what I get for being a selfless prick.

I just think it's a shame that something with so much potential had to die in it's infancy, and due to inner turmoil no less. The underdog got sold out, plain and simple.

And this. Thanks kais & trav, I'd been beginning to wonder if anyone recognized or appreciated my efforts and generosity.

Oh I wont deny that you helped everyone and did very much, its why I stayed my hand. Your acts neutralized the behavior. I'm not saying Nao whut was justified, just that I get WHY she did it.

As for vengeance, I'm not pissing on the beehive until I know I wont need to use my bread just to kill one. And even then, the only way I'm gonna piss on the beehive is if they raid my new area.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Potjeh wrote:(90% of the time the guy that has what you need doesn't need anything that you have)

Slightly off topic, but this is what is broken about trade/production atm. THeres always food, silk, & linen granted but more often than not the producer is forgoing his own diet to acquire things like scythes, picks, etc.

burgingham wrote:Let it all out, chak...you seem to have missed the "my conscience" part of my little speech. Some irony is indicated there, some paranoia about losing WV or my char as well.

You could have negotiated with me directly. I even made an attempt to broker peace and discuss the first raid with level headed diplomacy.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled