its time everyone was in the loop:

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby warrri » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

maltmaker wrote:s in order to gain stats and get revenge


Holy crap, really? We totally didnt knew that and went there just for fun and cheese! :lol:
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
User avatar
warrri
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby juhubert » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:12 am

burgingham wrote:CoP= Circle of Phoenix, an alliance formed to get revenge at us, as maltmaker already pointed out. So this was merely a preemptive strike, a wartactic we learned from the U.S. governement.


yeah, it´s like a certain mr. bush, being pulled by his ears from some lobbies, that payd the bill to get him president, set war upon iraq, because they had some proof of weapons of mass destrustion. in the end it turned out, that there were none and the war was only fought to get the american oil industry into that country and generally destroy an imaginary axis of evil.

the iraqian army never had the slightest chance of winning as some uber army nerfed their land way back in time.

wait, this wasn´t the first time this strategy was carried out.

there had been some years before a land, where the shadows lurked and which wanted to get some new living space in the west. therefore a nice and harmless country - after a radio station was attacked by some partizans, declared war and drove with tank, bombers and the new strategies of preemptive strike and combat of combined forces against them. and so, the evil countries army counterattacked with every high end weapons they had, including cavalry. and they nearly made it three days. that strong and dangerous that country was! pity, i can´t remember the names of this countries, but i guess, it was something starting with a g. on one and a p. on the other side.

burgingham wrote:I am sorry, next time I will post two days in advance whom and when we are going to raid. You can gather your forces then...and would still be blown away. So far we didn't even need to use our mains for the raids. Every single kill was done by a guy with 50 marksman and nothing else. KlauE and me always were there only as backup and ended up standing around, doing nothing most of the time.


hmm, how does that remind me on something i said earlier ;)

and what do you think, people will talk after being raided. will they say:" hey, have you seen the raiders today destroying and robbing our village. man, these guys where so uber - and cool looking too. one made even a witty comment over my stiff body. i LOVE these guys! i hope, they like my cheese.and i love their language, it makes them sound so butch."

or will they rather feel diminished, insulted and raged. think about that. and even the live through their second day on this world, they will think and talk about revenge, no matter, how weak they may be or how big a dream this may be.

and cakeport, how threatfull they may have been.

so much for moral standards.

btw, are you sure, that you didn´t want to have a picture of george w. bush as your avatar? guess why?

i mean, GHANDI, my ass!
Wanderer through worlds and ages
User avatar
juhubert
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: World Central

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby burgingham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 am

First part is just bullshit because the comparision between U.S politics and our actions sucks. We did it for the fun and the cheese, but we were also told CoP wanted revenge. So it all came together. No weapon lobby behind that whole stuff, and no Delamore as the gray eminence a.k.a the weapon dealer behind it.

The second part is just redundant. Of course I don't expect people to love us for our actions and I wasn't making excuses. I am just explaining how easy this whole thing really was.

Finally, my avatar. I had Bismarck as an avatar before, this is quite a bit more fitting then Mr.Bush I think. I switched it to Ghandi when th peace treaty was signed. Thought about switching it back yesterday, but I kinda like the irony this all bears.
User avatar
burgingham
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby juhubert » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 am

burgingham wrote:First part is just bullshit because the comparision between U.S politics and our actions sucks. We did it for the fun and the cheese, but we were also told CoP wanted revenge. So it all came together. No weapon lobby behind that whole stuff, and no Delamore as the gray eminence a.k.a the weapon dealer behind it.


well i didn´t start with the U.S. comparison first hand. i just carried it out. and maybe the lobbyists also did that for fun and cheese - well, metaphorical cheese :mrgreen: .

and they sure had fun, sitting in some clima controlled rooms several thousand miles away, while others carried out thier task. what, i have to admit, you didn´t, because you were there. at least as backup.


burgingham wrote:The second part is just redundant. Of course I don't expect people to love us for our actions and I wasn't making excuses. I am just explaining how easy this whole thing really was.


of course it was as the redundancy was intended. i just wanted to make clear, that, as you took out an easy task, the actual or future thread going out of this plot was a mere intellectual one. so my sight of things was, it was a raid made out of shear power, just because you could.

i didn´t take it as an excusion, no worries ;)

burgingham wrote:Finally, my avatar. I had Bismarck as an avatar before, this is quite a bit more fitting then Mr.Bush I think. I switched it to Ghandi when th peace treaty was signed. Thought about switching it back yesterday, but I kinda like the irony this all bears.


well, irony i can live with, but i would have interpreted a cynical attitude into this
Wanderer through worlds and ages
User avatar
juhubert
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: World Central

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby burgingham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 am

Seems our view on things is not so different then after all. Just leave out the comparisons to war in Iraq or Hitler Germany next time. They are kind of used up.

juhubert wrote:
burgingham wrote:Finally, my avatar. I had Bismarck as an avatar before, this is quite a bit more fitting then Mr.Bush I think. I switched it to Ghandi when th peace treaty was signed. Thought about switching it back yesterday, but I kinda like the irony this all bears.


well, irony i can live with, but i would have interpreted a cynical attitude into this


I will give you this, cynical seems to be the more appropriate word here. I will think of someone more fitting to be my avatar I guess.
User avatar
burgingham
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby Partilk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 am

burgingham wrote:I will think of someone more fitting to be my avatar I guess.

If I may be of assistance.
Partilk
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby juhubert » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 am

burgingham wrote:Seems our view on things is not so different then after all. Just leave out the comparisons to war in Iraq or Hitler Germany next time. They are kind of used up.



i agree to this, it wasn´t very original, but i have to admit, i couldn´t withstand ;) . and i found some parts quite striking. but i promise to keep at least pre-46 germany out. is that some sort of compromise?
Wanderer through worlds and ages
User avatar
juhubert
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: World Central

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby burgingham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

juhubert wrote:
burgingham wrote:Seems our view on things is not so different then after all. Just leave out the comparisons to war in Iraq or Hitler Germany next time. They are kind of used up.



i agree to this, it wasn´t very original, but i have to admit, i couldn´t withstand ;) . and i found some parts quite striking. but i promise to keep at least pre-46 germany out. is that some sort of compromise?


Oh but you can still include like pre 33 Germany, then I could go back to Bismarck again or actually I was thinking about Wilhelm II.

Btw cannot open the youtube link due to stupid copyright restrictions here in Germany...now that is ironic.
User avatar
burgingham
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 am

I suggest you take Freidrich Barbarossa for your avatar and buy swimming :P
Image Bottleneck
User avatar
Potjeh
 
Posts: 11636
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: its time everyone was in the loop:

Postby juhubert » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:01 am

burgingham wrote:
juhubert wrote:
burgingham wrote:Seems our view on things is not so different then after all. Just leave out the comparisons to war in Iraq or Hitler Germany next time. They are kind of used up.



i agree to this, it wasn´t very original, but i have to admit, i couldn´t withstand ;) . and i found some parts quite striking. but i promise to keep at least pre-46 germany out. is that some sort of compromise?


Oh but you can still include like pre 33 Germany, then I could go back to Bismarck again or actually I was thinking about Wilhelm II.

Btw cannot open the youtube link due to stupid copyright restrictions here in Germany...now that is ironic.


someone familiar with history, i like that.

and really ironic is, in austria that link works.

Potjeh wrote:I suggest you take Freidrich Barbarossa for your avatar and buy swimming :P


well, that was a nice one ^^
Wanderer through worlds and ages
User avatar
juhubert
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: World Central

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest