Blacksmith looking for work

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Blacksmith looking for work

Postby Loopoo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm

I made a new character, and i've never actually focused on Blacksmithing. I've always been a farmer or a builder or a hunter, never a blacksmith. Then I got to thinking, what a great opportunity it would be to go into blacksmithing. I'd no doubt have a really strong bond with my master and we'd probably become good friends after that.

I was hoping we could do it like a proper apprenticeship, where you take me on and teach me how to:

1) Introduce me to mining, hand down tips, give me counsel.
2) Show me how to make small objects, such as a hammer, a saw, a candelabrum etc.
3) You'd then teach me how to smelt tougher things, such as steel or other items
4) I would then make a masterpiece which I would give to you as a present. Most likely armour, or a weapon

I would devote all my time to blacksmithing, and I would put all LP into the skill. I have the alt with full Industry, so I wouldn't mess up the mining.

Was hoping someone out there would be kind enough to do this. Not only would you be able to pass your skill on, and help someone out, you'd make a steadfast friend who would always remember you whenever he's toiling away at the forge or anvil.

If anyone has any offers, please let me know. It would make it a lot easier if there was a mine close-by. I'd live near you, have my own cabin that i'd build and i'd just do chores you set for me (mine that much, smelt that much, make these trade goods).

Being an apprentice, I would start out small and be making fairly bad quality crafts, but there'd be buyers, i'm sure. I could make things where quality doesn't matter. Tankards and the such.

It would be great if a town took me on, because then I would become the town blacksmith, and i'd make tools required for the town, or weapons and armour.

Thanks.
Loopoo

Re: Blacksmith looking for work

Postby Chakravanti » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Making plates is like the best crafting LP in the game. Here, you make all mine for me.
HAR HAR HAR
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Loopoo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Chakravanti wrote:Making plates is like the best crafting LP in the game. Here, you make all mine for me.
HAR HAR HAR

What? I'd be making them for you, sure, but you'd sell them and get the profit. I merely ask to be taught and fed, that is it. Anything I make is yours. Sure, you don't get the LP, but being a master blacksmith, I doubt you need the minute amount of LP you get.
Loopoo

Postby lazerdix » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:42 am

When you're making Q180 Plate the LP you're getting is hardly "minute."
lazerdix

Postby sabinati » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:12 am

yo lazerdix hook me up with some of your steel man
sabinati

Postby ElGato » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:14 am

I doubt he'll be crafting q180 plates for a while >.>
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby kimya » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:40 pm

yeah, lazer, how much lp are we talking about?
kimya

Postby Loopoo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:07 pm

I just thought there'd be someone out there who would look forward to having an apprentice who they teach. Guess not.
Loopoo

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:05 am

There are many wilderness towns who wouldn't mind new members, friends, ect, but most are very touchy about their mines, even more are plain out afraid of griefers messing things up, griefer alts finding their locations and causing them problems, metal thieves who gather stuff up and then leave..list goes on and on. It's not that no one wants you to have fun or experience that side of the game, it's just that there is a real undercurrent of paranoia thanks to some people's playing style. Especially where metal/mines are concerned. Many would rather bring in farmers and pay them to cook/tend animals,ect with a little metal or ore per week (don't really know what kind of pay rates are appropriate as mining is NOT that easy or as fun as you might think..lol), which you can THEN use yourself on your miner alt to do with as you please. You may not know the location of the town's mine, or get to drudge around in the dark mining the ore but you could do everything else...from smelting to metal crafting with your metal savings that you earned? Maybe that's an idea you could consider?
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby Pacho » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:52 am

If my mine was iron i'd offer you membership. tin though =|
Pacho

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled