In need of a town

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: In need of a town

Postby sabinati » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 am

one does not "join" the goons
sabinati

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 am

Actually, the truth is that I came to H&H with absolutely no clue what SA or goons are. Yes I've been gaming for years and never met any. Artemis, the guy who found me at the old RoB and showed me the ropes of fishing and teapot grinding at the claypit became the guy I started innsmouth with. He said we were 'goon friendly'. Tbh, I have no idea why. He quit before I could ask him. I actually never paid the racket. I bought a lot of metal from delamore for bricks and also paid him some of those bricks to kill a bitch who griefed me. He spun it up as if I paid the racket and I didn't argue. I wasn't out to make enemies. As time went on and I realized his 'protection racket' was actually an extortion racket I became enchanted by a certain melodramatic prose and secretly joined Xanadu.

I should add that that was probably the biggest mistake of my H&H career. I should have stayed with Innsmouth and kept my nose out of politics. And I would have been able to do that had he not hacked the forums. In an effort to protect innsmouth I sold him some minor pieces of intel on Xanadu so that he would not retaliate upon the players that had come to rely on me to lead them despite the fact that this game offered me no method to actually protect them.

For that fact I blamed Jorb and felt no guilt about selling him out to protect my constituents. My acts may have been viewed as cowardice but they were not in fact selfish. I faked quitting to further attempt to disenchant anyone interested in the wealth Innsmoth had accrued. After about three weeks it was too obvious to the people that mattered that I had not in fact quit so there was no use masquerading on IRC.

Sometime in my involvement with Xanadu Warri pissed Jorb off and I tried to help him several times in several different ways to benefit from access to Blaze's jewelry crafting ability. Some time later he mistook something I said as a threat against his silver mine which it was, in fact, not. Between him and a nub that attempted to grief a business partner of mine they rallied waynesville against me and Innsmouth.

This has led to my series of evaluations on the combat system and character development. My disenchantment witht he game in general. ANd yes, I stil play from time to time, but mostly I just fuck around on IRC and forums trolling kids like you and trying to explain to J&L with thirty paragraphs of explanation what the J-Bomb managed to write in two sentences (albiet he left out the 'why and how' that I tried so vainly to explain).

And that's the dish on my H&H drama.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby sabinati » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:34 am

artemis was a goon
sabinati

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 am

That explains things.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Agarrett » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 am

What a lovely story. My turn!

I joined the game from finding it somewhere on an independent game website (forgot the name). I walked around and saw a treeguy and thought he was a real person for a few seconds. I then preceded to travel randomly around Brodgar until I found Cut_Lass who then showed my to Noface. Noface taught me most of the basics of the game.

I tried to join Cakeport but Sabinati didn't like my development and he denied. I then looked around for a town and joined Tincrest, although it was formed shortly AFTER I arrived. I set up my first claim in Tincrest. I left Tincrest after a confusion I don't want to describe again. I joined Radstock and set up an even bigger base.

I then wanted to join Xanadu and asked several people (who weren't really part of Xanadu) until I found Dethdeath. He looked me over, said he didn't know me well enough to trust me, took a vote in Xanadu and I was voted to be unable to join the town. Blaze then decided to accept me into his small settlement. I was there briefly until he was unable to play too often because of something in RL.

I then left into another small settlement where I am now today. No idea where I am going, probably going to play just a little bit until the map reset, where then I will create a small settlement and wait for people to join, then I will found Haro Port.
Agarrett

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 pm

sabinati wrote:one does not "join" the goons

Aww. But I wanted to roll with you guys, come next map :cry:
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby kimya » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:16 pm

maybe if you pay that 10 bucks now and join under another nick you could be able to in a couple of months :)
gogo potjeh!
kimya

Postby Lman8786 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 am

theTrav wrote:It's a good sign that you're trying to join a town rather than starting your own. I know you don't want in, but you're always welcome back in brodgar, as is anyone and everyone

I think NoFace stopped playing
Lman8786

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:48 am

noface was on vacation
sabinati

Postby Lman8786 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 am

oh
Lman8786

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled