The King is back

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The King is dead

Postby Delamore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

jorb wrote:I personally dislike some of the abuses that travel causes. Compounds built without gates, Helm's Depths, etc. Unfortunately I haven't been able to think of a good solution. Doing pathfinding is simply not an option with the potential distances involved, and removing travel is even less of an option.

Why I don't like it? Completely sidestepping the finer points of the issues of exploits versus acceptable ingenuities (complete matters of definition anyway), I, quite simply, find it aesthetically displeasing.

They key system is bulky and too risky, it means a single death of any person can cost you everything.
While I think it should be possible to get in other ways than bashing walls, killing one person should not be it.
Delamore

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

agreed. it might be nice if once you built a locking door on your claim or village it functioned similar to the claim access system. fuck keys, seriously.
sabinati

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Add picklocking skills that are based off what? And abstract keys rather than making them a hard resource. I like it but how do you make gates reasonably defensable if it's little more than a black skill to cross?
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:27 pm

hey who gives a fuck about picking the lock when i can break the wall down in 2 minutes
sabinati

Postby kimya » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 pm

well obviously this has to be adressed too...
kimya

Postby Jackard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Caradon wrote:
Jackard wrote:
Potjeh wrote:You live at your hearth, it's just abstracted away. It's like a part of the definition of the idea of hearth, and the very reason why it's the place where you get summoned.

uh not really for warriors. in that case hearths are more like soulstones or phylacteries

So you agree with the aforementioned suggestion of debuffing players who have not visited their hearth directly for many in game hours? Yes you do.

look at you playing the fool again

btw caradon what spurred your descent into idiocy? you werent nearly this abysmally stupid a few months ago. or maybe its just that you didnt post as often then
Jackard

Postby Jackard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Delamore wrote:
jorb wrote:I personally dislike some of the abuses that travel causes. Compounds built without gates, Helm's Depths, etc. Unfortunately I haven't been able to think of a good solution. Doing pathfinding is simply not an option with the potential distances involved, and removing travel is even less of an option.

Why I don't like it? Completely sidestepping the finer points of the issues of exploits versus acceptable ingenuities (complete matters of definition anyway), I, quite simply, find it aesthetically displeasing.

They key system is bulky and too risky, it means a single death of any person can cost you everything.
While I think it should be possible to get in other ways than bashing walls, killing one person should not be it.

levers would be really handy for low security walls. ive left keys right next to the gate for others to use often enough
Jackard

Postby ElGato » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:48 pm

Caradon wrote:Aww, someones just upset and defensive because it IS a good idea, and your hearthfire is likely in a vault like that.

So what you want is...
that everyone has to put there hearth outside of walls?

I am very undoubtful when saying that you most likely have your hearth behind walls aswell.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby Caradon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Jackard wrote:
btw caradon what spurred your descent into idiocy? you werent nearly this abysmally stupid a few months ago. or maybe its just that you didnt post as often then

I was keeping silent because my seething hatred is for the goons and sabinati. Not wayneville, but the last few months, waynesvilles actions have deserved nothing but hate and violence. Meanwhile the goons have improved, but Sab remains a cock stain.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby Jackard » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am

um what did sab do aside from (correctly) pointing out that you were repeatedly acting like an idiot?

as far as i can tell hes been a prolific trader and is also rather easygoing
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled