New village founded, join up

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

New village founded, join up

Postby ImpalerWrG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

Our village has grown quite quickly and now supports 5 players and about an equal number of cabins, players new and old are invited to join and practice rapidly building a village in preparation for the new world, simply PM me and I can send you the hearth secret, newbies and vets both welcome. The village is organize communally/democratically and their will be zoning laws to keep things from being a jumbled mess. We will try to unlock as much of the games content (farming, domestication, mining, crafting) as possible particularly practicing metal finding. After wipe we can all start together and scout for an optimal location for the final town.
Last edited by ImpalerWrG on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpalerWrG

Re: New village founded, join up

Postby Flame » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

i fear for you. Warning to not die in a trap.
Flame

Postby vikingdragons » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Hate to be a Doom-Sayer, but: DOOM! DOOOM!! DOOOOM!!!

Now the explantion. There are many, many trolls and thieves out there, and high Q shit is big. I really hope that you have at least a full wooden wall, and hopefully a brick one, or else they are is pretty high chance of shit blizzards in your area.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby
vikingdragons

Postby Jolaj » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 pm

ImpalerWrG wrote:New village looking for people, I'm relatively new to the game having started in the wilderness and have so far seen only one other person in-game but I've got my feed under me and would like to do more. I've recently come across a nice spot with a good amount of lvl 65 soil at the shore of a lake and river that would be nice to start a village. So I'd like to invite players to join me here and help build it up, I plan to organize the village communally/democratically and their will be zoning laws to keep things from being a jumbled mess. We will try to unlock as much of the games content (farming, domestication, mining, crafting) as possible. If your interested in joining PM me and I'll send you the hearth secret, newbies are welcome.

Yes Sir, you best watch your ass!
People kill for high quality soil...
Jolaj

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:35 am

He can change his heart secret once he has the nucleus of a village. If he gets a bad guy in the first batch of settlers who is prepared to lurk before they strike, he is messed up, but anyone who does arrive will also be a brand new alt clutching a useless fishing pole with no line, not a killing machine. Q64 soil is good, but no more worth killing for than silk moth eggs. That is, if any excuse is good enough, that one will do.

The thing is if someone slaughtersome is planning on committing mayhem in the new village they will have to be very, very patient. Either they will need to grind up their own alt and do it faster than everyone else to slaughter the village members, or they will use the alt for a beacon to walk a higher level raiding murder alt in, in which case it is hardly likely to be worth the walk in order to find six bough shelters, a lot of rabbit bones, three q7 bream and the only two defenseless noobs who are on-line out of the seven other hopeful village founders.

So my opinion is that this is not as dangerous as it appears on the surface. It's a good idea. It's a great idea. And he might want to keep bumping this thread for a week or two to make sure that the incoming new players get a chance to read it.
Cookie

Postby Jolaj » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 am

Cookie wrote:He can change his heart secret once he has the nucleus of a village. If he gets a bad guy in the first batch of settlers who is prepared to lurk before they strike, he is messed up, but anyone who does arrive will also be a brand new alt clutching a useless fishing pole with no line, not a killing machine. Q64 soil is good, but no more worth killing for than silk moth eggs. That is, if any excuse is good enough, that one will do.

The thing is if someone slaughtersome is planning on committing mayhem in the new village they will have to be very, very patient. Either they will need to grind up their own alt and do it faster than everyone else to slaughter the village members, or they will use the alt for a beacon to walk a higher level raiding murder alt in, in which case it is hardly likely to be worth the walk in order to find six bough shelters, a lot of rabbit bones, three q7 bream and the only two defenseless noobs who are on-line out of the seven other hopeful village founders.

So my opinion is that this is not as dangerous as it appears on the surface. It's a good idea. It's a great idea. And he might want to keep bumping this thread for a week or two to make sure that the incoming new players get a chance to read it.

I'd kill for silk moth eggs....
Maybe....
Jolaj

Postby Winterbrass » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 am

Except, Cookie, that that person can also use alts to find and destroy the village. It doesn't matter if the character is completely new - that doesn't prevent that person from making a murder alt to destroy the village. Or even from joining up with the descendants of a murder alt.
jorb wrote:Haven aims to be hardcore.
Winterbrass

Postby ImpalerWrG » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:39 am

As far as I know their is no real way to even find out ware I or the village are in relation to the rest of the world, we are deeeeep in the boonies from all indications. In several days of exploring I've found one abandoned homestead and one neighbor at rough the same level as myself. I've survived several bear attacks so far and frankly being killed by some random jerk seems less of a threat then the wild life.
ImpalerWrG

Postby sabinati » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 am

well there are ways, i suppose one could spawn an alt at that hearthfire and party them with their main or something, but it would be stupid of them to do so. i wish you the best of luck.
sabinati

Postby ImpalerWrG » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am

With the announcement that the end is nigh theirs even less reason to be concerned, I've got my first settler who will be specializing as a hunter so keep those PM's coming. I'm hoping our group can gain some experience (player experience) and be a well polished team ready to hit the ground running after the wipe.
ImpalerWrG

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled