Apocalypse: Passing the time?

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Apocalypse: Passing the time?

Postby theTrav » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:56 am

I wish they hadn't warned us, or given us half a week tops. I have no reason to play for the next two weeks.

I might try and get into a few fights to see how the new combat system handles large stat differences. So far I realy... REALY dislike the new combat system. The UI for selecting the different manouvers is painful to navigate (I'm not going to walk around with 8 of my hotbar slots reserved for combat, nor do I want to use the hotkeys) and the moves don't make sense to me, having not really read J&L's description of it closely.
theTrav

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:20 am

I'm pretty sure I couldn't kill ants with the new system...
Luckily I already ignore combat.
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Yolan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah, while I mostly like where this game is heading, there have been a fair few things which, for me, seem to be a bit niche and or odd. Ancestor system is one. Proposed LP replacement is another. Combat seems to be likewise.
Yolan

Postby kimya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 pm

combat isnt that bad, it needs some tweaking though. its better than before, which was basically only about stats. it still is, kinda, but the gap is smaller. also fighting with more players is more exciting. you also need some knowledge and practice to master an equal enemy. so all in all, good direction.
kimya

Postby UnrealJake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 pm

I only joined a few days ago, so I'll carry on as normal, then watch the coming apocalypse, I can only hope it will be fun watching the world end.
Lothaudus wrote:D) Try and get out of the boat and be told YOU NEED SWIMMING TO CROSS DEEP WATER.
UnrealJake

Postby Darkren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Honestly, I'm ready to go help the Russians build Chernobyl, because this two-week wait is ridiculous. :l
Jackard wrote:moral of the story - the 'aesop', if you will -

all germans are evil
Darkren

Postby Agarrett » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

Nomad. I'll just wander around taking screenshots of the world before it ends, fishing for food and using a spruce bed in my little boat. Making fires, admiring the beauty of the world. Then, when the world ends, I'll be at Brodgar, praying with everyone else.
Agarrett

Postby Morgant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 am

I'm going to make a Joker character.
Because some people just want to sit back and watch the world burn.
Morgant

Previous

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled