Trade Village

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Trade Village

Postby Drowner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 am

Sadartist and I are going to be creating a Trade Village. The idea behind this Village is to give a general meeting place for all trades to happen as well as Vendor stands. Once we get the basic layout we will be recruiting dedicated villagers who want to play a role in the trade community. My question ( and i think Jorb or Loftar will have to answer) is would there be a better way to get people here other than handing out signpost? I do not want this to be a New player spawning spot however I was hoping there would be a way to allow all players the ability to travel here ( given they have the needed agility) for the purpose of trades. Of course this is all pointless if there will still be a RoB on the new map but I am under the impression that there will not be.

Thoughts, Ideas, Flames?

Edit: the area for vendor stands and trades will be walled, and the wall and outside of walled area will be covered by village claim. However the inside will not to allow personal claims from non village members for village stands and also the ability to trade without leaving scents.
(Retired due to SoS)Drowner - Former Chieftain of Brodgar Public Iron Mine
Big John
DrunkenBoxer
Drowner

Re: Trade Village

Postby Agarrett » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 am

Alot like Haro Port, and this is really the hidden goal of our will-be grand city. Heck, we even will have a marketplace, like Brodgar used to have.

Still, good luck with your city, I really do hope it succeeds
Agarrett

Postby burgingham » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:15 am

Agarrett wrote:Alot like Haro Port, and this is really the hidden goal of our will-be grand city. Heck, we even will have a marketplace, like Brodgar used to have.

Still, good luck with your city, I really do hope it succeeds

Wow really? As big as brodgars marketplace?
burgingham

Postby Agarrett » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 am

Didn't catch the sarcasm there. I meant the road of vending stands.
Agarrett

Postby theTrav » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 am

step 1: join haro port
step 2: get Agarette or his chieftan to build a sign post
step 3: distribute infinity million signs to other villages, the connection can be one way
Step 4: ...
Step 5: Profit!
theTrav

Postby Agarrett » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 am

theTrav wrote:step 1: join haro port
step 3: distribute infinity million signs to other villages, the connection can be one way
Step 4: Greifer wave!
Step 5: Profit! (If you survive the greifers.)
Agarrett

Postby flaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 am

Agarrett wrote:
theTrav wrote:step 1: join haro port
Step 4: Greifer wave!
Step 5: Profit! (If you survive the greifers.)

You don't really think not having the signs is going to keep you from constant griefer attacks, do you?
flaw

Postby Nanothnir » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 am

Well what would be clever would be having a Trade Market (Village) at each Point of the first teir's corners...
Build the Idol right up against the invis wall, build out a bit so that the Market loops around the Influence safely and then when Teir two comes up, you finish the loop and then you have the Market in the middle from the center...

Having one at each Corner, as well as the middle (Broghar 2 perhaps) and then branch out from there. Set up another set of Market Places at each invis Corner, and then have a simple Trade Route to the Center and out again. Players can set up Inns where people can stop, get some booze in them, then travel again...
[Politics] The word was derived by the joining of two others, Poli - A Latin word meaning Many. And Tics - Annoying Bloodsucking Parasites...
Nanothnir

Postby Pacho » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 am

It is very likely that the new map will be composed of several supergrids.

I think it would be best to just let the trading network take its own shape instead of trying to make a network we all know is going to fail anyways.
Pacho

Postby sabinati » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Pacho wrote:It is very likely that the new map will be composed of several supergrids.

I think it would be best to just let the trading network take its own shape instead of trying to make a network we all know is going to fail anyways.

this
sabinati

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled