Dragon Republic

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Dragon Republic

Postby vikingdragons » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Me and my friends are planning to create a large, militaristic trade village with outlying settlements and stuff like that. There are 4 of us, and we are looking for more people. Specilazation will be important eariler on, but after we have private property and stuff, it will be only for your service to the village. on your own property, you can do what you will. All villagers will be part of the milita, and be called upon if the village comes under attacks. We will have an army, gaurds, and rangers. we would much prefer peaceful trade and armstice (if you get attacked, we come to your aid, and vice-versa) over bloody war, but dont get us wrong, if you start it, we will end it, one way or the other (not saying it will end in our favor, but we wont surrender (surrender=death :twisted: )). So, anyone wants more info, post and ill answer, and if anyone wants to join us, PM me! see you all in the New World.

EDIT: i forgot to add that we will also work hard to make roads and map waterways, and possibly provide free ferry service (depends on how well we can get set up). and, we support PMC (private military contractors) so come on all you mercs, and we will pay you well to do all sorts of things, like caravan protection and guerilla warfare :lol: no im serious
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby
vikingdragons

Re: Dragon Republic

Postby Caradon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 pm

That's one of the major failings of this recent map, the ceasing of developed roadways. That's something I'd like to see again.
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby WolframH » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Come up with a better name and I might consider not laughing my ass off at your suggestion. :ugeek:
WolframH

Postby burgingham » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm

What's wrong with the name? I can see those elder dragons before my eyes, sitting in parliament, discussing the latest tax raises.
burgingham

Postby KJGJ » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 pm

vikingdragons wrote: PMC (private military contractors)

You know what I've never understood? Using random acronyms that need an explanation. What was the point of typing PMC if right after that you had the specify that it stood for private military contracts. It's not like you used the acronym again necessitating that already useless knowledge so why would you turn something that no one uses or will use as an acronym into one. Your attempt at saving time really just turned into more of a hassle then if you had just typed out the phrase and called it a day.
KJGJ

Postby Jackard » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 pm

burgingham wrote:What's wrong with the name? I can see those elder dragons before my eyes, sitting in parliament, discussing the latest tax raises.

sounded more chinese to me

anyways if they actually try building roads and shit i wont steal from them (much)
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby vikingdragons » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am

i dont care if you make fun of the name, it is actaully a work in progress. it might stay, might not. and we are taking the raodway seriously. we will start with roads to other villages and such (those that want a road, that is) and then expand as we discover the locations of other places.

KJGJ: i really dont now why i wrote the acronym and the meaning, but i dont really see the issue. and besides, thus that dont now what a PMC is, deserve to know. after all, everyone should at least have an idea about who kills them :lol:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby
vikingdragons

Postby calodine » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:48 am

Or, you could have skipped it entirely and just said mercs.
calodine

Postby vikingdragons » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 am

yes, yes i could have. but i didnt. past is past, so kiss my shiny metal ass.
vikingdragons

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 am

KJGJ wrote:
vikingdragons wrote: PMC (private military contractors)

You know what I've never understood? Using random acronyms that need an explanation. What was the point of typing PMC if right after that you had the specify that it stood for private military contracts. It's not like you used the acronym again necessitating that already useless knowledge so why would you turn something that no one uses or will use as an acronym into one. Your attempt at saving time really just turned into more of a hassle then if you had just typed out the phrase and called it a day.

lol...shouldn't you do the same then? I mean is "King of Jackass Gobhole Jerkoffs" all that hard to write in the username field when you signed up? :ugeek: Yeah I'm bored.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled