the killed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

the killed

Postby motoracer1316 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 am

for the 5th time i died from the same 8 raiders. i bring up why is there killing even in the villages.
is there no safe area these days, where jerks just sit in your town waiting for u to return.
then it hit me, this is y i only say under a 100 online at a time.
im telling all the "noob owners" to seriously wow stop...
im probly goin to switch back to wurm online and quit playin games all toghter.
motoracer1316

Re: the killed

Postby theTrav » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 am

motoracer1316 wrote:is there no safe area these days, where jerks just sit in your town waiting for u to return.

No, there is no safe area, that is by design. If someone stronger has decided you are no longer allowed to live peacefully in your village you have to either move on, or become stronger than them and defeat them. I recommend calling for help from self righteous vigilantes, however you're unlikely to get aid with the reset happening in the near future, better luck next map reset.
theTrav

Postby MasterCatfish » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 am

Yeah, it's not that hard to just move, is it? When someone is raiding your village it's a good idea to head for the hills and send in newly made alts to observe. That way your main won't get killed. If they really won't leave your village, you can go elsewhere and chances are good they won't find you.
MasterCatfish

Postby WolframH » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:00 am

You're just not paranoid enough. I moved out from my farm ASAP when I noticed that someone had come through my wall and stolen gate keys. Sure I could replace the walls and gates but he could still just come back and do it again. I left stone mansion and golden wheat fields there and packed only the essentials, to far north! Not that it matters nowdays.

edit:

Good riddance.

2nd edit: There's no players on because there's a reset coming soon (tm).
WolframH

Postby motoracer1316 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 am

soo that means when they run after u that means nothing? and search the woods and houses... i ran everywhere i could and still dident get away... thank god theres only less than a hundred that play

soo what im saposta do is hope i dont die... get followed the whole time, log off as fast as i can when spotted soo as soon as i get powerful enought i can try to kick ass and get mapped switched... sounds like a knight online game or any pure pvp games just with farming
motoracer1316

Postby Jackard » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 am

why does it matter, we are about to get erased anyways
Last edited by Jackard on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jackard

Postby WolframH » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

motoracer1316 wrote:soo that means when they run after u that means nothing? and search the woods and houses... i ran everywhere i could and still dident get away... thank god theres only less than a hundred that play

soo what im saposta do is hope i dont die... get followed the whole time, log off as fast as i can when spotted soo as soon as i get powerful enought i can try to kick ass and get mapped switched... sounds like a knight online game or any pure pvp games just with farming

Dude, nobody's that persistent on hunting 1 newb, you're making things a bit too bigger issue than they really are. If you're that bothered, make a new chara and spawn in wilderness.
WolframH

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 am

motoracer1316 wrote:for the 5th time i died from the same 8 raiders. i bring up why is there killing even in the villages.
is there no safe area these days, where jerks just sit in your town waiting for u to return.
then it hit me, this is y i only say under a 100 online at a time.
im telling all the "noob owners" to seriously wow stop...

Well, that truly sucks. I admire you perseverence in generating the new characters and trying again. It sounds like you got that bad luck to end up with nasty next door neighbours. Did this happen over a period of days or did this just take one playing session where they hung around and every few minutes you tried to get back into your property?

If it was over a period of days, your instinct to back off is a good one. Nothing is going to dislodge those cockleburrs. If it's over a short period you might wait several hours and roll up a new character again to see if there is anything to salvage, but there probably won't be. These guys are griefer class raiders, not just playing vikings. Have you got any idea who they are?

Anyway, I'm sorry they decided to ruin the game for you. There are ways to play even in this environment. The wilderness is vast and far flung and there are places where you could thrive. But the game is also being reset, perhaps this very next Saturday, so perhaps if you reconsider leaving the game altogether, you might consider starting over then. Your raiders will be back to being noobs just like you. All big mean antisocial types are getting cut down to the same stats as all the other new players. You'll have a good chance to get reasonable fortifications up and some defenses before anyone will be able to seriously attack you again.
Cookie

Postby Jackard » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 am

for you, the day they graced your village was the most important day of your life. but for me, it was wednesday
Jackard

Postby motoracer1316 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:16 am

soo when the new maps come and some guy joined 3 months after, he will always be a noob couse of the pleople always killing him cause they were in the first hours of a new map... sounds gay in a way

edit: it happend over a 48 hour period... and its still tickin me off... soo let me ask this, when the noobs are noobs theres still gona be some jerk whos better and kill everyone, soo once again theres one "king" as i may say...
Last edited by motoracer1316 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
motoracer1316

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled