the killed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: the killed

Postby WolframH » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 am

Your raiders will be back to being noobs just like you. All big mean antisocial types are getting cut down to the same stats as all the other new players. You'll have a good chance to get reasonable fortifications up and some defenses before anyone will be able to seriously attack you again.

I'm guessing it's pretty much same elite after reset. It's not all about how long you've been around, it's about how much time you invest in the game and getting that tasty LP. Maybe one month and shit starts to hit the fan. :D
Last edited by WolframH on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolframH

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 am

Yep, those were big time jerks all right... No denying it.

But I'd just like to say that those guys are in the minority - a very small minority too. Most of the players in this game are into it for the crafting and building, with the added spice of unpredictable doom possibly charging out of the woods to make the farming just a little bit less routine. Player killers are the exception.

Of course with eight lunks combing the woods for you it's going to feel like there are nothing but serial killers in the game with you. You really did get zeroed in on.
Cookie

Postby motoracer1316 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 am

Cookie wrote:Of course with eight lunks combing the woods for you it's going to feel like there are nothing but serial killers in the game with you. You really did get zeroed in on.

as in they arived on boats as i was crosing and chased me around till i died, over, and over, and over again... this game would be funner if they had a lv battles... as in if your a noob some "king" cant kill you, the ones you can kill are the princess, if anyone gets what i say.
i would play again if there was a new pvp system, this is y i hate pure pvp with no safe areas
motoracer1316

Postby DeadlyPencil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 am

People are killing people right now because the game is going to reset. I wouldn't have killed someone normally for fear of dying, but since there was a reset, I did. Also for 8 people to be online raiding, unless your making up numbers, i would say you got problems with the Russian's. I dont think any other group would have 8 people online willing to go raiding at this point. Most of the bigger people probably have died to many times already to care anymore and are just waiting.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 am

motoracer1316 wrote:soo when the new maps come and some guy joined 3 months after, he will always be a noob couse of the pleople always killing him cause they were in the first hours of a new map... sounds gay in a way

edit: it happend over a 48 hour period... and its still tickin me off... soo let me ask this, when the noobs are noobs theres still gona be some jerk whos better and kill everyone, soo once again theres one "king" as i may say...

Yes, unfortunately it could be so. There always will be player killers in this game. The murder of innocents seems to be an essential feature.

And yes, some of the player killers are really dedicated experienced players so they have a good chance of becoming extremely powerful again.

However I don't feel it is an absolute given that the butchers will rule. When they attacked you they left crime scents, and if a ranger picks up those scents they can be hearth summoned and killed. Very possibly the only reason they are cutting loose and going on a killing spree at your home is because they know the characters will die soon in the reset so are not trying to protect them from the consequences any longer.

And so far in the game the butchers have always managed to rule a fairly small piece of territory, one that is insignificant compared to the size of the whole map. Some of the bad guys in the game got there by cheating. The reason the dev's have decided to do the reset is to cut them down to size and find out if they can get this powerful without being able to cheat.

But you might feel I am trying to argue you out of your disgust and frustration and I'm not. They did do something crummy to you and your reaction is natural.
Cookie

Postby theTrav » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 am

motoracer1316 wrote:when the noobs are noobs theres still gona be some jerk whos better and kill everyone, soo once again theres one "king" as i may say...

Translation: If I join a month after you you will always be stronger than me because it is not possible for me to catch up
Answer: There are diminishing returns as you increase in LP, stats and power. If we both invest the same amount of time, you will slowly catch up to me. You will not pass me, but you will eventually reach a stage where we are even in a fight to the point where skill is the deciding factor.

motoracer1316 wrote:this game would be funner if they had a lv battles... as in if your a noob some "king" cant kill you, the ones you can kill are the princess, if anyone gets what i say.

Translation: People should only be able to initiate combat with other people within a narrow range of LP/stat disparity so as to ensure fights don't occur where skill is not the deciding factor
Answer: Any mechanic that stops new players from being attacks opens up a whole space in which people can abuse that mechanic to annoy the crap out of experienced players by creating new characters and generally getting in the way. It's been discussed at length and the dev's are unlikely to implement such a thing.

motoracer1316 wrote:i would play again if there was a new pvp system, this is y i hate pure pvp with no safe areas

It seems like this isn't really the sort of game you will enjoy then, because the lack of a safe area is a big part of H&H's charm to many (most?) of its players. You cannot know true joy without first knowing true sorrow.

Aside:
The translation things aren't a dig at poor English, it's just there so people can understand where my answer's are coming from, basically, it's what I think he's saying because I'm not 100% certain I got it right.
theTrav

Postby motoracer1316 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 am

theTrav wrote:It seems like this isn't really the sort of game you will enjoy then, because the lack of a safe area is a big part of H&H's charm to many (most?) of its players. You cannot know true joy without first knowing true sorrow.

soo because ( and im not insulting) i dont bleed this game it dosent fit, soo what games are like this without a huge pvp areana? i like this game but since i dont play every night let alone for a week solid how am i to become good and kill jerks?
motoracer1316

Postby DeadlyPencil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 am

thats the thing, in H&H most of the kills happen when people are not online. For example, if you had the tracking skill and the murder skill, you could track whoever killed you, and murder them back, while they are not online. because they are not online, they will not fight back. so a complete nooby character, can kill the best character in the game as long as the best character in the game, left some black skill scents somewhere for someone to pick up.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:thats the thing, in H&H most of the kills happen when people are not online. For example, if you had the tracking skill and the murder skill, you could track whoever killed you, and murder them back, while they are not online. because they are not online, they will not fight back. so a complete nooby character, can kill the best character in the game as long as the best character in the game, left some black skill scents somewhere for someone to pick up.

Also, realize that with the reset, characters will more valuable IMO because people have to work harder for them, many of the game mechanics that made easy powerful alts have been changed. You will have to work harder for your characters now and many griefers do not care to spend the time needed actually PLAYING to get to an a-hole powerful level only to be killed for their griefing and have to do it all over again. Unimaginative immature griefers found a happy paradise in this game BEFORE, due to all the easy mechanics (killing a billion bears from boats for instance). It won't be so quick and easy this time around. I think you'll see a nice difference in the game and community after the reset. Least I hope so.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby theTrav » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am

motoracer1316 wrote:soo because ( and im not insulting) i dont bleed this game it dosent fit, soo what games are like this without a huge pvp areana?

possibly a tale in the desert? I don't know of many games with this sort of play that don't have PvP, they kind of go hand in hand.

i like this game but since i dont play every night let alone for a week solid how am i to become good and kill jerks?

If you don't play frequently and want some semblance of safety you should think about finding other people who are not jerks to band together with, or join a town that has strength and active players. There is also the option of voluntarily paying someone with in game stuff for protection, but most people aren't keen on advertising that service after Del's standover tactics.
theTrav

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled