the killed

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: the killed

Postby Avu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 am

I find all your advices soo damn amusing.

But I'd just like to say that those guys are in the minority - a very small minority too. Most of the players in this game are into it for the crafting and building, with the added spice of unpredictable doom possibly charging out of the woods to make the farming just a little bit less routine. Player killers are the exception.

A minority that can pretty much lord over the majority seeing how it takes minutes to destroy stuff built over months.

When they attacked you they left crime scents, and if a ranger picks up those scents they can be hearth summoned and killed.

Hoho go mighty power rangers. How about we mention that any ranger going for one of the wrong scents will guarantee death for him? Or do we mention the helms deep type of vaults where only the high end rangers can get into and seeing how they will die after they might decide to say fuuuck it.

And so far in the game the butchers have always managed to rule a fairly small piece of territory, one that is insignificant compared to the size of the whole map.

Really? I guess that explains how my village 4 grids away from teh bad guys constantly got hit and how another village 5 grids away from mine got hit too with basically everything on the map being a viable target for the raiders must be teh small area. Good one man good one. You are only safe unless you're place is small enough not to get noticed and even then you might have trouble with noob griefers.

The reason the dev's have decided to do the reset is to cut them down to size and find out if they can get this powerful without being able to cheat.

I can guarantee that with the current mechanics if they have the will and desire to get back where they were they could. They just need to lay low long enough and make the right alliances.

thats the thing, in H&H most of the kills happen when people are not online. For example, if you had the tracking skill and the murder skill, you could track whoever killed you, and murder them back, while they are not online. because they are not online, they will not fight back. so a complete nooby character, can kill the best character in the game as long as the best character in the game, left some black skill scents somewhere for someone to pick up

Nice theory right there. I guess camping village idols doesn't happen either or I guess noobs can track hearths behind palisades-> brick walls -> helms deeps.

If you don't play frequently and want some semblance of safety you should think about finding other people who are not jerks to band together with, or join a town that has strength and active players.

While this might make things more fun for you if you like the social aspect don't expect any added defense. What a village might provide for you is vengeance. Current game mechanics make defense extremely dangerous.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby theTrav » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:48 am

Avu wrote:I guess that explains how my village 4 grids away from teh bad guys constantly got hit and how another village 5 grids away from mine got hit too with basically everything on the map being a viable target for the raiders must be teh small area. Good one man good one. You are only safe unless you're place is small enough not to get noticed and even then you might have trouble with noob griefers.

What was the other village? Your one was the CoP right? The village built with the sole purpose of taking down WV? I think that might have had something to do with you being targeted...

Avu wrote:
TheTrav wrote:If you don't play frequently and want some semblance of safety you should think about finding other people who are not jerks to band together with, or join a town that has strength and active players.

While this might make things more fun for you if you like the social aspect don't expect any added defense. What a village might provide for you is vengeance. Current game mechanics make defense extremely dangerous.

Brodgar never got attacked while I was running it. So far as I know the goon settlement didn't get attacked once sab started running things.
Caketown went a very long time before it was raided (I'm pretty sure it lost rift and sab before that happened)

Have you tested the new combat system with multiple combatants? Nao seems to think that numbers become superior to stats and LP if you use the right strategies and are organised. I'd really like to see this tested but won't grind up a character to test it... maybe the devs can give us an organised battle or two
theTrav

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 pm

What about Innsmouth, Crimson Island and Codexia?

Oh, and you were running Brodgar *before* things really went downhill.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby theTrav » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Potjeh wrote:Oh, and you were running Brodgar *before* things really went downhill.

I go on holiday for a month and the world turns to shit :P
theTrav

Postby Avu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:29 pm

What was the other village? Your one was the CoP right? The village built with the sole purpose of taking down WV? I think that might have had something to do with you being targeted...

Sole purpose? lolwut? I seem to recall going as far away as humanly possible from the people that raided and killed our previous settlements might have something to do with it as well. Codexia old and new (shit and giggles then shit and giggles and clay), Insmouth (cheese), Crimson Isle (cheese), Caketown (because they had keys), CoP lots of times (nao, cheese, the alltime favorite let's fuck with chak many reasons) the Russian encampment (for teh lag), freaking Flame got killed by them too all time forum favorite, apparently Macomb too, multiple random RoB murders I'm guessing a shitton of other places the owners never bothered to post on forums or never knew who hit them and just quit. And you're coming here and telling us the abandoned noob place that was Brodgar never got hit? How about the time Gato stole from the markets? or the numerous murders that took place on your village grounds. Besides Brodgar has always been the place most of the bad guys left alone so they can pretend they are not so bad.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby vampiro » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 pm

so wait, you got killed, then you remade 5 more characters after dieing over and over trying to spawn in the same area when there are many other places to go? like why keep creating characters where the pkers are? lol and then complain about it too.
vampiro

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 pm

He probably wanted to inherit his old character's farm, which meant he had no choice but to come back to the same spot. And he did say that this took place over 48 hours, so it's not like he was popping back in as fast as he could create a new character.
Cookie

Postby vampiro » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 pm

yeah well how is that working out for him? take some friggin seeds and move on if you are in a kill path. server is reseting soon and its going to happen over and over. im sure if he moved away from the location to a more secluded one it wouldnt be a such a problem.
vampiro

Postby Chakravanti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Actually that was some bullshit PR on WV's part. We were formed from codexia and innsmouth. Two villages who had something in common. That common ground meant that a few of our constituants had interest in seeing vengeance due. Our PURPOSE was to build a village capable of producing characters capable of defending our village. A lot of MBC makes it look like like vengange, especially when I had a few raging nubs like Jesse and Caradon running around all indignant spouting self-righteous holy war rhetoric...that...tbh....annoyed the fucking shit out of me to no end.

And you're coming here and telling us the abandoned noob place that was Brodgar never got hit?

Of course not they didn't have shit worth raiding.

How about the time Gato stole from the markets?

And then offered to sell tracking services to his victims. :lol:

Besides Brodgar has always been the place most of the bad guys left alone so they can pretend they are not so bad.

Again, PR. After this thread I'm starting to think that these guys sound a lot more like america than germany.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby burgingham » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 am

Chakravanti wrote:

Actually that was some bullshit PR on WV's part. We were formed from codexia and innsmouth. Two villages who had something in common. That common ground meant that a few of our constituants had interest in seeing vengeance due. Our PURPOSE was to build a village capable of producing characters capable of defending our village. A lot of MBC makes it look like like vengange, especially when I had a few raging nubs like Jesse and Caradon running around all indignant spouting self-righteous holy war rhetoric...that...tbh....annoyed the fucking shit out of me to no end.

Actually it was your pr "department" which told us cop was built for the sole purpose of erasing wv from the face of the earth.
burgingham

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled