World's End - Your New Home?

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: World's End - Your New Home?

Postby burgingham » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:57 pm

You clearly have no idea who yolan is, have you? Criticism and ideas are always a good thing, no matter at which point of developing something new you are. Yolan clearly has a skeleton of ideas how to make this city work. Doesn't mean he can't exchange one or the other bone or add some flesh and skin to the whole construct. Chaks advices are all good and even if you considered those things before it can't hurt to read them from another person.
burgingham

Postby Yolan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:24 pm

johnsmith wrote: when you talk of a large city I too would like to see it, even help build it. A concentration of 50-60+ players in one spot seems like too many in one spot.

In what way? You mean, too many for the server? IMO something which makes the current map less interesting than the first world is the dispersal of people over such a massive world.

johnsmith wrote: no matter what sized city is formed in this current world some form of assignment of labor has to be dictated to some degree.

Why?
Yolan

Postby johnsmith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

IMO too large for a large map with many resources, if it works then fine, but with server capacity at 300-400 max and so many resources please tell me why everyone will want to be in the same place?

Why some form of labor dictating regardless of what type of government,

Simply because of the LP assignment of producing certain items/chores, greed and time.
johnsmith

Postby Yolan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

johnsmith wrote:IMO too large for a large map with many resources, if it works then fine, but with server capacity at 300-400 max and so many resources please tell me why everyone will want to be in the same place?

People to hang out with. Security. Quick and easy access to heaps of different goods. Etc.

johnsmith wrote: Why some form of labor dictating regardless of what type of government, Simply because of the LP assignment of producing certain items/chores, greed and time.

I'm not really following.
Yolan

Postby johnsmith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Yolan,

Sorry, I am too tired for a dialogue right now. I know that facts are needed in any discussion however I stated that it was only my opinion. I really hope your idea of a dream city is realized, as it has always been one of mine. I only expressed a couple of doubts that came to mind of which now I am starting to regret making them public which I am also sorry about doing.

Again, not now, but maybe in the future after Port Eryie has finished taking off under the new lawspeaker to which I gave to him, maybe if you would like help with World's End you will PM me with an invite.

If I can help with only constructive suggestions I will post more, otherwise, good luck.
johnsmith

Postby Yolan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Sure. And I'm really fine with hearing opinions that go against mine. It's just that I need to hear reasons before I can respond in any meaningful fashion.
Yolan

Postby Chakravanti » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 pm

40-60 actives would be a feat indeed. The point of having so many people together is that the community effort to support and protect the village becomes less for each member and the viable number of focused soldiers rises rapidly if they can share MBC production.

20-30 actives would be a large village by the average of today's playerbase.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Grog » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 pm

...and the low options in village management...
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Thijssnl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm

burgingham wrote:You clearly have no idea who yolan is, have you? Criticism and ideas are always a good thing, no matter at which point of developing something new you are. Yolan clearly has a skeleton of ideas how to make this city work. Doesn't mean he can't exchange one or the other bone or add some flesh and skin to the whole construct. Chaks advices are all good and even if you considered those things before it can't hurt to read them from another person.

Mhh, doesnt seemed to me as though he had the skeleton, still, I was pretty high at the time. Sorry Yolan, just ignore me if I dont make sense lol.
(I try to be supportive on the forums, sometimes anyway)
Thijssnl

Postby Avu » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Chakravanti wrote:40-60 actives would be a feat indeed. The point of having so many people together is that the community effort to support and protect the village becomes less for each member and the viable number of focused soldiers rises rapidly if they can share MBC production.

20-30 actives would be a large village by the average of today's playerbase.

Except yolan doesn't seem to believe in community efforts and sharing of resources that's like communism you know? He believes in democracy capitalism and the american way!

hint: democracy capitalism and other silly real life systems fail hard on a small scale.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled