Game Development: World 5

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 5

Postby Peloquinn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 am

Bastendorf wrote:OK, I've only been playing for two days, and, you guessed it, I'm done. When I signed up yesterday, the game was brilliant, and I was getting places.

Bastendorf wrote:I can't continue playing this way. We went from doing so good, to both suffering and dying. You gave up our faith in the game when you gave up world four. That's where our Hearths will always be. Until world four comes back, we aren't coming back. Say what you want about us, but the game we were enjoying immensely, yesterday, isn't here any more.

Perfect. Couldn't have put it better myself. The game we were both (my wife and myself) enjoying immensely yesterday isn't here any more.
If you play and play and work hard at making baskets, you should get LP for that. We never botted either, and frankly I detest people who use bots. But if the bots are at fault for unbalancing the game, don't kill the LP system...kill the botting ability. Tons of other MMOs have managed to find a way to do it - why can't Haven and Hearth?

-Peloquinn
Peloquinn

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am

Making baskets repeatedly was fun for you? Really?

Wow.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby pokiehl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 am

My first message in this forum, and I have to say it, the essence of this game has been killed.

The main point of the game to me was the fact that you could do ANYTHING you wanted, and still get experience for it, that feature of the game was removed.

The main goal of the game now is running around after trinkets so you can get some mediocre lp?

Oh well, after some hours of boredom, I could no longer force myself to keep playing this abomination. If anything is done to fix the game, I'll be back, otherwise...

It has been a fun experience in world 4 tho, time to move on.
pokiehl

Postby Jiochan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 am

Aurochs Hair doesn't seem to be working right :<
Edit: nevermind it just takes forever
Last edited by Jiochan on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiochan

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 am

DatOneGuy wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
burgingham wrote:I don't think you understood the system yet, Rhiannon. Keep trying to figure it out :)

Perhaps, however I go by what I'm seeing for 3 hours now. No lp for bulding things, a small amount for crafting (first time only) and a small amount for touching new onbjects. Seems that once those are exausted where will more lp come from? Also sure, I'm pissed because in any game where yu raom for 3 hours without seeing an intergal animal to the game...rabbit for a bone it would make even the most liberal J&L asskisser a bit put off...LOL

Why... WHY have you NOT even...

CURIOSITIES

Yesy yes, the easter egg facebook curiosities, I've studied 3 so far, dandelion, ladybug and craft cow. None of them did a thing that i notied. If you are saying they were suppose to give me LP then either it was so small i didnt even notice or it's bugged.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby kaoz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:07 am

i liek new world
haters gonna hate :b
kaoz

Postby SpiderJerusalem » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:09 am

the game isn't about LP.If people leave now because they can't grind LP with bucketing/spamming baskets/farming whatever, better for the normal players-

In world4 I never thought "ok bake a pie to get LP!!!!!", but "I make a pie so I can eat and get, you now...a pie"
-Bottleneck-
SpiderJerusalem

Postby JoeNightmare » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 am

The new LP system:
It HAS potential. It is a good idea in and of itself, HOWEVER, it will never be successful by itself. In world 4, if you could just have something off to the side that gives a marginal boost of lp just for making it and even better boosts for having good int, wouldn't you make it? More of a incentive to come back each day rather then anything else. Also, at first it is a little difficult to gain LP so new gatherings giving a good amount of starting LP would be nice. HOWEVER! This world does NOT have enough stuff to offer to make finding new stuff the only way to gain LP.
Personally, it more seems like the admins are having some fun and added a lot of things and are currently holding a world wide scavenger hunt in the game. Doesn't it seem like it to you? And personally, I think this game is far beyond being just a scavenger hunt, right?
JoeNightmare

Postby Peloquinn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:11 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Making baskets repeatedly was fun for you? Really?

Wow.

It may not have been fun, but the ability to get reward for your work (whatever that work may be) was integral to the sense of accomplishment that this game had. Personally I never made baskets, but I did build on and work the land on a large two person settlement (the baskets just represent toiling). I spent many hours toiling and building and paving and chipping and generally doing many repetitive tasks to make my place look cool. When I was done, not only did I have a neat looking place for all my hard work, but I had a good chunk of LP to advance my character. THAT was the great pairing that made this game fun, not baskets specifically, but the reward for doing the boring things one has to do. That reward is now gone, but if I want a nice-looking place I still have to do the work. Pretty much fuck that.

-Peloquinn

EDIT: spelling
Peloquinn

Postby Senretsu » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 am

Peloquinn wrote:
Bastendorf wrote:OK, I've only been playing for two days, and, you guessed it, I'm done. When I signed up yesterday, the game was brilliant, and I was getting places.

Bastendorf wrote:I can't continue playing this way. We went from doing so good, to both suffering and dying. You gave up our faith in the game when you gave up world four. That's where our Hearths will always be. Until world four comes back, we aren't coming back. Say what you want about us, but the game we were enjoying immensely, yesterday, isn't here any more.

Perfect. Couldn't have put it better myself. The game we were both (my wife and myself) enjoying immensely yesterday isn't here any more.
If you play and play and work hard at making baskets, you should get LP for that. We never botted either, and frankly I detest people who use bots. But if the bots are at fault for unbalancing the game, don't kill the LP system...kill the botting ability. Tons of other MMOs have managed to find a way to do it - why can't Haven and Hearth?

-Peloquinn

This. From what I can tell, I can't farm Cone Cow's either. Does the curiousity only give you LP the first time? My one char is cursed to live on a small island with no means of gaining the LP to learn boatmaking (or even swimming!) and the other is cursed to explore a vast, wretched wasteland with no tools and no food and no players, hoping to stumble upon an acorn tree or something so I can stay alive another 40 minutes to continue walking, walking, walki-Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Also, it may be a big presumption to assume Jorb and Loftar unfuck the game after a huge population plummet because if nobody plays your game, thats presumably because it sucks ass, and who wants to spend time on a game nobody likes?

So far all the camps I've stumbled upon, either one hearth fire or three, have nothing built around them, and judging from that, and everything I've read from the players who aren't zealots trying to fellate jorb and Loftar for brown-noser points tells me this new version sucks ass.

Please don't ban me for my opinions on this however, despite my dislike of this new game, I'm gonna give it faith that maybe the learning curve is steep but there's some playability left somewhere in this once-glorious game.

My hearth is back in world 4. I guess I'm just an LPless and skill-less wandering starving nomad until I figure out how this game is meant to be playable.
Senretsu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements