Slight update: Combat change

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Combat change

Postby Halagaz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Wrestling was the base of any swordmaship and other armed combat, i don't beleive there is a culture around the world that was an exception, native indian had wrestling, asian and european certainly does.
Halagaz

Postby Onionfighter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Halagaz wrote:Wrestling was the base of any swordmaship and other armed combat, i don't beleive there is a culture around the world that was an exception, native indian had wrestling, asian and european certainly does.

Please, tell us more.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Halagaz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Onionfighter wrote:
Halagaz wrote:Wrestling was the base of any swordmaship and other armed combat, i don't beleive there is a culture around the world that was an exception, native indian had wrestling, asian and european certainly does.

Please, tell us more.

I don't beleive they teach wrestling to the kids anymore, even in school... maybe in the streets you can learn it though. Google is your friends too :mrgreen:
Halagaz

Postby jacobmalins10 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 pm

haha cool, but the combat gonna get more harmful in that way.
i guess i'lgo back to marksmenship
jacobmalins10

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 pm

dra6o0n wrote:Schools teaches... To some extent. They don't exactly teach you how to fend for yourselves in society, nor how to lead others or what to expect from the real world.
They want you to be mindless drones who will do as you are told really.

and did you actually realize that the whole school thing on that page started from a simple reply of mine to your ridiculous idea?
Tonkyhonk

Postby cloakblade » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 am

jacobmalins10 wrote:haha cool, but the combat gonna get more harmful in that way.
i guess i'lgo back to marksmenship

How? How does this make combat more dangerous (unless I missed something) before the delta was uncapped. Now its capped. If anything combat is safer.
Last edited by cloakblade on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloakblade

Postby burgingham » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 am

How can combat be more or less dangerous through the introducation of some cap? There is still permadeath, so when you fight someone either you or him will be dead in the end. Still as dangerous as before.
burgingham

Postby Woot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 pm

burgingham wrote:How can combat be more or less dangerous through the introducation of some cap? There is still permadeath, so when you fight someone either you or him will be dead in the end. Still as dangerous as before.

Because, Aren't you tired of one man killing an entire village and its best fighters?
With the introduction of combat caps, 1on1 will reward knowledge of the combat system, and large group fights will be determined by the strategy employed and the number of people you bring

Thieves and rangers would still be there if combat were capped, I'll bet plenty of people are rushing to do just that this world
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby cloakblade » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Woot wrote:
burgingham wrote:How can combat be more or less dangerous through the introducation of some cap? There is still permadeath, so when you fight someone either you or him will be dead in the end. Still as dangerous as before.

Because, Aren't you tired of one man killing an entire village and its best fighters?
With the introduction of combat caps, 1on1 will reward knowledge of the combat system, and large group fights will be determined by the strategy employed and the number of people you bring

Thieves and rangers would still be there if combat were capped, I'll bet plenty of people are rushing to do just that this world

I highly doubt that it will change that much. If a village's best fighters can't dog pile one character then I bet they don't have enough of a grasp of the combat or the opponent has 4x their UA which if you have 150 UA (mildly low for a "best" fighter) then the opponent would have to have 600 UA for this cap to come into play.

All this change did was hurt the ability to hurt to use ants/alts to give yourself combat advantage. I'm pretty sure that anyone who would get blown out of the water by an opponent is in the same boat now as before.
A.K.A. Suddo
cloakblade

Postby burgingham » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm

I am just questioning the assumption that combat can get more or less dangerous in an enviroment where combat kills characters permanently. I am all for player numbers succeeding over skill numbers and to a certain extend that is already true, but there is no judgement about that in my post.
burgingham

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements