IRC Capable Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

IRC Capable Client

Postby Pacho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:46 am

I've somewhat finished this client I've been developing for a bit of time. Its a game client with IRC capabilities added onto it and some other neat stuff, the default screen size is 800 x 600, but can be raised to whatever your computer/the client can handle.
-----
NEW STUFF!
Merged with loftar's code; there's probably some merge bugs around, please do report them.
-----
If your client is always forgetting hotkeys, make sure you wait 30-60 secs after you last put in a new hotkey button in one of your belts before closing the client. The saving mechanisms are insanely slow and I have no idea why.
-----
Online client (JNLP): HERE

Downloads:
Latest Update - Download

Windows
32bit - Download
64bit - Download

Linux
32bit - Download
64bit - Download

Mac OSX
PPC -Download
Universal - Download

-----
Installing: Download the appropriate file, decompress, and run run.bat!
If on anything other than windows: Figure out how to run the commands inside the batch file on your OS, I have no idea how and very little incentive to learn =v
Updating: Download the latest update and replace your haven.jar

Features:
-- Nightvision! Toggleable through the console and soon the options menu; press ` to access the console.
- Mac & linux support! I don't know how you go about running the commands in the bat file, but there is a download that includes the appropriate libraries.
- Options widget! Accessible by pressing ctrl+o; it allows you to change the effects volume (chopping, dropping into water), the default IRC server and channels. Make these fields blank if you do not wish to automatically join a server and/or channel upon startup. (This is getting merged with the new options widget loftar has given us)
- Flexible window size: Press ` to bring up the console and follow the instructions.
- Music & sound effects volume control
- Multiple hotkey bars, flip through them with alt+0-9

Current supported IRC commands:
/me
/invite
/accept
/join (now takes multiple channels and supports passwords, see below for the format)
/notice
/server <server address>
/join <#channel1> [password] [<#channel2> [password]]...
/nick <new nick>
/msg <nick> <text>
/tell <nick> <text>
/pm <nick> <text>
/invite <nick> <channel>
/accept <channel>
/notice <nick> <text>

the msg/tell/pm command opens a new private window for direct chat with someone else
the /join command does not currently check whether you have already joined a channel, it will make a new window of the same name. If you happen to join a channel twice, close all the channel's windows and rejoin it. Next release will fix this.

Private messaging:
Find the nick in the user list, click their name, and press enter, or use the /msg;/tell;/pm commands

To leave a channel simply close the window related to the channel.
Last edited by Pacho on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:44 am, edited 41 times in total.
Pacho

Re: IRC Capable Client

Postby farmchamp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:50 am

Mac support?
OhNiner - Farmer, hunter, wanabee thief and general noob.
farmchamp

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 am

Why do people with macs feel like they should be supported? Everyone knows there's only one game for macs; photoshop.

[Relax people... that was a joke. the above statement is NOT MEANT IN ANY WAY AT ALL. SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS USE MAC. Or at least they where my friends until I found out about the macs...]
Surprise.
Peter

Postby theTrav » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:31 am

Peter wrote:Why do people with macs feel like they should be supported? Everyone knows there's only one game for macs; photoshop.

That's a ridiculous and offensive notion. Mac users have access to all the java games around, and with boot camp they have access to PC games as well.

Mac user's aren't just a bunch of artists you know!
theTrav

Postby Sarge » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:49 am

Pacho wrote:
Installing: Download the appropriate file and decompress into any folder then run run.bat

I've downloaded the zip file from the link and extracted it, but can't find run.bat... I am however somewhat technologically challenged. Can you help?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Pacho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:51 am

Edited main post.
Pacho

Postby Jfloyd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:19 am

Halp. I'm very confused on how to use such files. There isn't a single file named run in here. I think you're doing it wrong. :P
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Postby Pacho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:52 am

<.< made direct links to the files, pick the appropriate one for your system.
Pacho

Postby Jfloyd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 am

Ok, so I tried both of them....are we supposed open the haven.jar then?
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Postby sabinati » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:06 am

Peter wrote:Why do people with macs feel like they should be supported? Everyone knows there's only one game for macs; photoshop.

[Relax people... that was a joke. the above statement is NOT MEANT IN ANY WAY AT ALL. SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS USE MAC. Or at least they where my friends until I found out about the macs...]

lol
sabinati

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower