Codexia.

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Codexia.

Postby Delamore » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Delamore

Re: Codexia.

Postby Haba » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Must be a lot of fun killing newbs.

P.S. greets to Jason Voorhees and burgingham
Haba

Postby Monocause » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Why would Xanadu defend Codexia anyway?
Monocause

Postby burgingham » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Sup Haba, can we help you?
burgingham

Postby Lothaudus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:35 am

Yes, sadly it is true. Some of the good citizens of Codexia were killed at the village tonight. Delamore got wind of our plans to make super awesome chocolate milkshakes and wanted one. When we refused because it wasn't up to the high standard we demand of our trade goods, he became enraged and decided to attack.

I understand the perpetrators are:
  • Jason Voorhees
  • Aeonflux
  • burgingham
  • Foofighter
  • camera_guy1
They're still camping the village (at the Docks, behind the pallisades) as we speak.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby mikayel » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:40 am

So when did Waynevillers and Goons team up?

Or is this just a joint effort to wipe out random noob towns that dare to trade with whoever they want?
mikayel

Postby Caradon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:40 am

So wait, what happened, and why?
Trolls- Dont argue with it, Don't reason with it, Just DOMINATE! Southpark S10-E5
Caradon

Postby burgingham » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 am

We were sure as hell not camping behind your palisades when you wrote that post. It is well known that Wayneville doesn't like Codexia that much, so we thought we might get a kick out of watching you die. That is why we were there...
burgingham

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:51 am

Are you guys at least getting your fair share of the protection money?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Lothaudus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:55 am

Caradon wrote:So wait, what happened, and why?

We're a group of people from a forum ( http://www.rpgcodex.net ). When we joined we setup a private forum (for members only) about this game at our forums. Delamore's been demanding access to it ever since to prove we're "not in league with Xanadu" (with whom we've setup a bunch of trades since we started because they seemed nice and were very helpful to us as nubs, who had no idea what we were doing).

He's claimed we're nothing more than a 'Xanadu n00bie town' (That Codexia == Xanadu).

The short answer is:
  • Delamore subtly threatened us for access to our private forum otherwise "something might happen". He also reminded us ever so gently that GOONS attack people (and are one of the only groups that do).
  • I told him no. I'm not giving out forum access under threat. Anyone I find who has given out access will have their account and all posts deleted, then be perma-banned from our website.
  • We are neutral. And in fact have been encouraged to trade with GOONS by Xanadu (of all people). We're not interested in becoming anyone's army. Just in being good world citizens.
Initially he demanded access, otherwise we'd be punished. He changed tack a while later and started offering Q250 Thane Rings to anyone who gave him access to our private forum with the caveat that we should give it now 'before things got out of hand'.

He never really attempted to trade anything else. It came across mainly as demands. When we didn't respond to his threats, Delamore obviously decided now was the best time to make an example out of us.

This is the last conversation I had with him (Sorry, didn't have an IRC client so images are the best I could do at the time).

UPDATE: I now understand GOONS / Waynesville are killing the people of Innsmouth who we also traded with.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled