History repeats itself. Change of leadership page 28

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

History repeats itself. Change of leadership page 28

Postby Delamore » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Not long after I joined the game Goonheim was attacked, the newbies and crafters wanted out so I helped start a new peaceful city so we could all avoid conflict.
We kept the location as secret as we could, but we were attacked anyway. Not a single person at the new town had commited a crime and everyone there was just trying to avoid any combat, 16 people mostly newbies were killed.

What did this do? Well it turned a group of people who didn't care about war into a group of people who just wanted to fight back against what had happened, we joined back up with all the goons who wanted to fight. Instead of killing off goons the players had just created a larger group of goons who hated them.

After the raid on Chernobyl alot of the newbies and non fighting players wanted to go off and build a new city so they could avoid war. They kept it secret as best they could and commited no crimes.
Today Xanadu raided the new city of Prypiat, killing newbies and people who moved to avoid war, breaking containers filled with mostly low QL bread newbies were making to feed themselves, going through a mansion filled with lockers of newbies most valued items: their newbie hats and maybe a pickaxe or bow and breaking it all.

What has this done? Instead of killing goons off you've made everyone who disliked the idea of war either quit or jump right on into the war "What do I have to lose now anyway?"
Xanadu while trying to be the heroes they pride themselves on being have once again just killed off newbies, but this time they didn't even get a single person who had done something wrong.

Once again goons are together against the community because of the community.
Last edited by Delamore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delamore

Re: History repeats itself.

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

To be fair. Your PR was lacking in clarity.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby niltrias » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Delamore wrote:Not long after I joined the game Goonheim was attacked, the newbies and crafters wanted out so I helped start a new peaceful city so we could all avoid conflict.
We kept the location as secret as we could, but we were attacked anyway. Not a single person at the new town had commited a crime and everyone there was just trying to avoid any combat, 16 people mostly newbies were killed.

What did this do? Well it turned a group of people who didn't care about war into a smaller group of people who just wanted to fight back against what had happened, we joined back up with all the goons who wanted to fight. Instead of killing off goons the players had just created a larger group of goons who hated them.

After the raid on Chernobyl alot of the newbies and non fighting players wanted to go off and build a new city so they could avoid war. They kept it secret as best they could and commited no crimes.
Today Xanadu raided the new city of Prypiat, killing newbies and people who moved to avoid war, breaking containers filled with mostly low QL bread newbies were making to feed themselves, going through a mansion filled with lockers of newbies most valued items: their newbie hats and maybe a pickaxe or bow and breaking it all.

What has this done? Instead of killing goons off you've made everyone who disliked the idea of war either quit or jump right on into the war "What do I have to lose now anyway?"
Xanadu while trying to be the heroes they pride themselves on being have once again just killed off newbies, but this time they didn't even get a single person who had done something wrong.

Once again goons are together against the community because of the community.

This is not even close to the truth. Before Goonheim was founded, goons were greifing dondyheim and fox gulch. The original Goonheim was built on the shattered remnants of Dondyheim, after almost all of its occupants were killed or driven away. A friend of Dondy instigated a mass slaughter in retaliation. And, by the way, that guy was himself a Goon. So it wasnt the world attacking the goons, it was a goon attacking other goons because the other goons hit his friends.

Then the goons declared war on the world with the "Goon Racket", via the author of this threads OP, Delamore. After the founding of Xanadu, the goons publicly took down their "racket" while privately pursuing it, leading to the destruction of Codexia and Innsmouth. This was the single worst attack on the innocent, neutral faction of the game since the game began. With two thriving towns raided, I find it had to believe that Delamore would be surprised to see his own town raided in retaliation. As I had been killed before this attack took place, I had no part in it, nor am I certain of the identities of those who did take part.

Seriously, Delamore, pick the role of the bad guy or the role of the innocent peaceful guy. This swapping back and forth is absolutely unconvincing.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Delamore » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:30 pm

niltrias wrote:This is not even close to the truth. Before Goonheim was founded, goons were greifing dondyheim and fox gulch. The original Goonheim was built on the shattered remnants of Dondyheim, after almost all of its occupants were killed or driven away. A friend of Dondy instigated a mass slaughter in retaliation. And, by the way, that guy was himself a Goon. So it wasnt the world attacking the goons, it was a goon attacking other goons because the other goons hit his friends.

Then the goons declared war on the world with the "Goon Racket", via the author of this threads OP, Delamore. After the founding of Xanadu, the goons publicly took down their "racket" while privately pursuing it, leading to the destruction of Codexia and Innsmouth. This was the single worst attack on the innocent, neutral faction of the game since the game began. With two thriving towns raided, I find it had to believe that Delamore would be surprised to see his own town raided in retaliation. As I had been killed before this attack took place, I had no part in it, nor am I certain of the identities of those who did take part.

Seriously, Delamore, pick the role of the bad guy or the role of the innocent peaceful guy. This swapping back and forth is absolutely unconvincing.

Infact not a single goon was at the Codexia raid, it's not only goons anymore who dislike Xanadu and their heavy handed policing.
Prypiat was not my town, I have been in Chernobyl because I do not wish to rebuild the walls and Prypiat didn't want me there because they wanted peace.
Also the whole concept of Gooncastle was to get away from Goonheim to avoid that war.
Delamore

Postby theTrav » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm

edited: Summary for late comers

Del is but-hurt because someone raided his support village.

He doesn't know who it was, but he is blaming xanadu.

Del is also distancing himself from prior claims of involvement in the Codexia raid.

There are over 9000 posts of INTERNET RAEG with very little important writing. Only read it if you're bored.
Last edited by theTrav on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
theTrav

Postby Froggeryz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Fuck you Xanadu, I will do my very best to fuck everyone over until the reset from now on. As Delamore said, I have nothing to lose, I've already lost it. You even destroyed the cupboards in the house. What was the point of that, really?

I was playing peacefully in Prip after all the damn drama over Chernobyl, now I'm dead after trying to defend my village. Oh yeah combat is broken as hell but everyone already knew that.

Hope you are really satisfied about this Xanadu since I will now follow your example by killing lots of innocent people and destroying everything they have.
Froggeryz

Postby theTrav » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Delamore wrote:Prypiat was not my town, I have been in Chernobyl because I do not wish to rebuild the walls and Prypiat didn't want me there because they wanted peace.
Also the whole concept of Gooncastle was to get away from Goonheim to avoid that war.

Oh bugger, they didn't get your high psi alt did they? That'd really hurt
theTrav

Postby niltrias » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Delamore wrote:Infact not a single goon was at the Codexia raid, it's not only goons anymore who dislike Xanadu and their heavy handed policing.
Prypiat was not my town, I have been in Chernobyl because I do not wish to rebuild the walls and Prypiat didn't want me there because they wanted peace.

Bullshit. For example, at the time of my death I was living in Chernobyl, and I never saw you there. Additionally, I was killed after killing Foofighter, who was a goon, and was in the middle of a raid on Innsmouth when I killed him. So who killed me? Someone who left a theft scent in Innsmouth and a murder scent at my old Hfire. Ill know the identity quite soon.
Xanadus "heavy handed policing" is actually just us checking out towns that have been destroyed, and following the scents. Dont destroy a town, and you will not incur retaliation from Xanadu.

If you guys want peace, stop threatening towns. Or at least threaten them in a less global manner than "Give us what we want, or the goons destroy you!"

As long as you keep threatening and attacking other towns wholesale, you should expect to be attacked as well. So quit whining about it.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Delamore » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 pm

niltrias wrote:
Delamore wrote:Infact not a single goon was at the Codexia raid, it's not only goons anymore who dislike Xanadu and their heavy handed policing.

Bullshit. For example, at the time of my death I was living in Chernobyl, and I never saw you there. Additionally, I was killed after killing Foofighter, who was a goon, and was in the middle of a raid on Innsmouth when I killed him. So who killed me? Someone who left a theft scent in Innsmouth and a murder scent at my old Hfire. Ill know the identity quite soon.
Xanadus "heavy handed policing" is actually just us checking out towns that have been destroyed, and following the scents. Dont destroy a town, and you will not incur retaliation from Xanadu.

If you guys want peace, stop threatening towns. Or at least threaten them in a less global manner than "Give us what we want, or the goons destroy you!"

As long as you keep threatening and attacking other towns wholesale, you should expect to be attacked as well. So quit whining about it.

You seem to believe that only goons can do harm, Foofighter was not a goon.
There was not a single scent that pointed to Prypiat, infact not any that pointed to Chernobyl since Macomb either.
You were "living" in a town that is basically covered in village infulence and has people going through it quite often? Gee that sounds truthful.
Delamore

Postby Jackard » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:54 pm

niltrias wrote:For example, at the time of my death I was living in Chernobyl, and I never saw you there.

horseshit
Jackard

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled