Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Sound Badgering

Postby Redlaw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 am

The free time is heading in the right way, if its all open at some point its picking what perks should be given that game time. That is its own topic and likely should be started soon, if its not already. Easing players into you actively asking for money is a tricky and risky thing to do. I have listed a bunch of places, but ya that was another topic.

The cosmetic shop looks a lot better as well, the change also stops people from buying a bunch of each hat and selling them for high prices in there village ect. While its a nice idea its not good for this set of items. Now saying that it does give me some ideas ill post at a later date. Some items that make you some income and can be traded could be cool if done right, why I need to think.

The bug fixes are great as always, and now badgers a very nice addition I think. I hope to see one and not die within the first 2 seconds but I have not been in game very long as is, since I felt the time crunch.

Now I might not have played no more then 4-5 hours total so far, but I love what you did with the base client. It took a lot of the basic ideas Enders had last version, tweeked to fit what you thought and so on. Good job, truly love that, plus the ability to adjust its size is very nice.

Keep it up, and before you know it people will start singing your name across the net. You got a good game, time to prove it and win the hearts of people everywhere I hope one day 20,000-100,000 people are logging into the game daily just to enjoy it.
Redlaw

Postby Gotohellcadz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 am

rickelucas wrote:So... Verifying my account gives me additional 14 hours, and then it would be 7 + 14 = 21 hours weekly, or its just 14 hours weekly?

14 weekly, maybe next week we'll get some new changes to the store/playtime system but atm it is what it is.
Gotohellcadz

Postby Ragnar214 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 am

Sweeeeeet.

"One topic for discussion could be, "Should we sell Play Time?"... at all? Instead of, or as an alternative to Subscriptions? Let us know what you think."

I think I've already made myself clear on this subject aha. Subs all the way.
Last edited by Ragnar214 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnar214

Postby rickelucas » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 am

Gotohellcadz wrote:
rickelucas wrote:So... Verifying my account gives me additional 14 hours, and then it would be 7 + 14 = 21 hours weekly, or its just 14 hours weekly?

14 weekly, maybe next week we'll get some new changes to the store/playtime system but atm it is what it is.

21 hours would be almost perfect. But i guess i can live with 14. Even if it as more expensive.
rickelucas

Postby Orcling » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:21 am

FIRST
Orcling

Postby smileyguy4you » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 am

only have 4 hours left on my account after patch :(
smileyguy4you

Postby Bowshot125 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:26 am

Hat selling TF style :D
Bowshot125

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:27 am

Any plan on adding discoveries for different wood types, similar to different rock types?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Gotohellcadz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:27 am

rickelucas wrote:
Gotohellcadz wrote:

21 hours would be almost perfect. But i guess i can live with 14. Even if it as more expensive.

I think that 14 weekly for free players is a good median as to how long a casual player will usually be playing for in a week and 30 would be good for verified players. Jorbtar shouldn't be punishing free players considering that's what the playerbase was built off of, but instead reward paying players and give incentive outside of just ripping the game away from them after a set period of time.
Gotohellcadz

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:28 am

Audiosmurf wrote:Any plan on adding discoveries for different wood types, similar to different rock types?

I've considered it, but I'm not sure I want to add incentives to cut down every damn tree just because.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements