Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

Postby Cajoes » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 am

- Low Priority: Not game breaking, just weird.

Plowed 2x2 tiles into furrows by hand to plant my meager barley and flax seeds.

A day later, the plowed tiles had spread outwards a tile. Thought nothing of it at the time.

Another day later, the plowed tiles have spread further in three separate directions, forming a very crude penis drawing. Planted more barley on the new tiles.

The spread seems to have halted itself for now. I have observed similar behavior with the farmed plots of my neighbors. Though no sign of more phallic imagery.
Cajoes

Re: Plowed tiles spreads like other biomes.

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:41 pm

lol. Will investigate. Thanks.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Labrynthia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Cajoes wrote: forming a very crude penis drawing.

Not surprising. :D
Argus is correct.
Labrynthia

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Tested this, and can't reproduce. Code says this shouldn't happen. Need more reports or confirmation before investigating this further.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Cajoes » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 pm

My neighbouring villagers are reporting their paved tiles are now spreading as well.

My farm plot has begun twisting back into a even larger penile shape after I used a plow to straighten it out.

Either there is something weird going on in the biome code, or some enterprising little troll is paving and plowing tiles while we're asleep. (Unlikely since most of us have our claims up) Going to start documenting this absurdity over the next few ingame days.
Cajoes

Postby Cajoes » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Plowed a sample furrow. 15 hours ago. Sorry for the lack of illumination, should have set a fire or something.

Revisited sample furrow. 4 hours ago. Note that it has spread to the sides.

Sample furrow, 4 minutes ago. It is most definately spreading. - Neighbours are reporting their paved tiles have spread again as well.

And please don't take this as disrespect, I love your work and I love your game. But I don't care what your code is saying, its clearly talking out of its C#.

Edit: Update on the soil situation:
Last edited by Cajoes on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cajoes

Postby Keiriku » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:38 pm

I am his neighbour, we have ~100 tiles between our plots and I can report the same is happening to me, I, my 2 alts, and only my friend have access to my claim which is covering whole plot, we have pallisade, so it can't be someone from outside. I have made perfect 12x12 paved zone, this is how it looks like in a day :) Image
Keiriku

Postby Ailaa » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:38 pm

I can also confirm that my plowed land spread over to tiles that are dirt sometimes.
Ailaa

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Cajoes wrote:And please don't take this as disrespect, I love your work and I love your game. But I don't care what your code is saying, its clearly talking out of its C#.

Please do not take my disbelief as disrespect. I get a lot of false bug reports.

Fair enough, though. Will investigate further.

jorb

Postby Cajoes » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:32 pm

No disrespect taken, I would just hate for the server to suddenly choke on a fat one because of self-replicating pavement.

Oh another neighbour of mine is reporting his plowed tiles are functioning normally. - Decaying back into unplowed dirt, even. I apologize for not being able to provide more than empirical observation to help track this issue down.
Cajoes

Next

Return to Bugs