Seeing player with no name

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Seeing player with no name

Postby Mysia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:49 pm

I deleted my alts name in kin list and it would let me log in on my main character but it would immediately logs me out to log in screen when i see the alt in game leaving the character in the game world until i exit the client i was previously logged in on. Changing the name back while he was offline fixed the issue but very annoying until then
Mysia

Re: Seeing player with no name

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

I'm not sure I understand what the actual problem is. Are you dissatisfied that your alt remained in the game world for some time after logout?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Mysia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm

nah i pm you w/ video should show ya what i mean cause i cant explain too well. i guess you can consider this closed :arrow:
Mysia

Postby Yasgur » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Just curious, but are you using a modified client that has an automated hearth/logout when an unknown player is nearby?
I've only used the standard client this world, so I don't know if that feature has been coded.
Yasgur

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:03 pm

I think I know what he's talking about. There was a bug a while back where Player A could delete the name of Player B in his Kin list and leave it blank (null field) or as white space. It would cause client weirdness and crashes if Player B showed up in the scene. The only fix was to replace the missing name field with something, even a single character, or remove that player from the Kin list. Seems like a fix was found so that a blank name wasn't left as a blank. (It was back during Salem development if I recall correctly.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mysia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Yasgur wrote:Just curious, but are you using a modified client that has an automated hearth/logout when an unknown player is nearby?
I've only used the standard client this world, so I don't know if that feature has been coded.

nah cause you cant log back in either

MagicManICT wrote:I think I know what he's talking about. There was a bug a while back where Player A could delete the name of Player B in his Kin list and leave it blank (null field) or as white space. It would cause client weirdness and crashes if Player B showed up in the scene. The only fix was to replace the missing name field with something, even a single character, or remove that player from the Kin list. Seems like a fix was found so that a blank name wasn't left as a blank. (It was back during Salem development if I recall correctly.)

yes i believe that's the issue it fixed when i replaced the name
Mysia

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 am

Good. I thought that's what you were describing, and thought if I mentioned the issue that came up in Salem, it might jog memories and possibly a quick fix.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:23 am

Ok. Will fix.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs