Game Development: Bugskatchewan

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Bugskatchewan

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added new sausage "Badger Botillo"
  • Added new treatment "Stitch Patch", for healing Cruel Incisions & Wretched Gore

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • "Grind Flour" recipe now requires five seeds, rather than 25, making barley to flour ratio 5x better.
  • Unmaintained claim poles (without presence) should now actually decay, as was always the intention.
  • Bonds of Blood & Soil can now be used (Right-Click them) by the claim owner to declaim their corresponding plots.
  • All newly built personal claims now start with negative 720 authority, meaning that there is at least some window of opportunity, before claims go live, during which they can be destroyed.
  • All personal claims beyond the first cost 4000LP to finish building. All claim fixes taken together hopefully alleviating this problem.
  • Should now be possible to describe memorized characters to others as per this. Requires client update!
  • Engaging fight moves while in combat should now never cause your character to extend the pursuit range by waiting. Case in point, "Taking Aim" while in pursuit should not cause you to stop and wait until the maximum range of Take Aim has been reached.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a bug where ashes from spitroasting were counted as Q 0.
  • Fixed a bug by which stuff in vessels was not protected by the theft skill.
  • Fixed a bug by which Field Cairns would try to throw trespassing warnings. They no longer should.
  • Fixed a bug by which animal babies would be cannonaded over walls on birth. Babies are now placed inside the mother's bounding box if no legal space can be found.
  • Tool quality no longer relevant when butchering bones as per this.
  • Can no longer mass plant without farming skill as reported here.
  • Can no longer study Bonds of Blood & Soil without Yeomanry, fixing this.
  • Cave exits should now exclude building by having a small bounding box, fixing this.
  • Can now load mirkwood logs onto Wagons.
  • Anvils should now be possible to destroy, the previous impossibility of which was reported here.
  • Should no longer be possible to get "Striking the Root" experience when lifting bushes from container objects as reported here.
  • "Shield Up" should now block sweeping attacks as intended, and as reported here.
  • "Parry" should no longer fire attacks when it itself isn't targeted, as reported here.
  • Should no longer be possible to drive a wagon if knocked out.
  • Should no longer be possible to shift-steal out of claimed stockpiles.
  • Should no longer be possible to take claimed tree resources without theft.
  • Should now be possible to plant grass using seeds from an equipped bucket, as reported here.
  • Should now be possible to stockpile cat gold as stone, as reported here.
  • Should now be possible to use stone to "Make level" in a land survey. Should also be generally possible to put earthworms into soil stockpiles. All as reported here.

We Did Not Fix
-----------------------
We've received several reports of people harvesting zero quality grapes, but believe that the explanation may be a legacy from the old quality bug affecting grapes, that should not apply to grape seeds from after the fix of that bug. The explanation would thus be that several planted grapevines may have been set to Q0, may actually have been Q0 at the time of planting, even though the seed stacks may have displayed meaningful quality. Dig up and replant with fresh seeds.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Bugskatchewan

Postby Darruin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 am

No more wretched gore! Thankyou!
Darruin

Postby RedKGB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 am

I just grounded flour, lol
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby warrri » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

[*] Tool quality no longer relevant when butchering bones as per this.

Wasted my q350 bear literally 3 hours ago. gg.
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 am

A use for all this badger meat! Thanks, that's so excellent. Let's see if it's any good, though. :D
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 am

some great stuff in this update.
sabinati

Postby Garfy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:32 am

Damn, dem Badger sausages are exactly what I was looking for.
Garfy

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:35 am

jorb wrote:[*] Tool quality no longer relevant when butchering bones as per this.

Thank you this will really help with the quality grind
Kaios

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:36 am

Should now be possible to use stone to "Make level" in a land survey. Should also be generally possible to put earthworms into soil stockpiles. All as reported here.

I literally finished leveling with ~5k stone manually last night. May future generations never know my pain. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby Sollar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:42 am

jorb wrote:
Unmaintained claim poles (without presence) should now actually decay, as was always the intention.
Bonds of Blood & Soil can now be used (Right-Click them) by the claim owner to declaim their corresponding plots.
All newly built personal claims now start with negative 720 authority, meaning that there is at least some window of opportunity, before claims go live, during which they can be destroyed.
All personal claims beyond the first cost 4000LP to finish building. All claim fixes taken together hopefully alleviating this problem.

As a victim of mass claim trolling I love you for this. Let the decay begin. One more question. What does "presence" mean? How often does one have to pass by a claim to count as presence and prevent decay ?
Sollar

Next

Return to Announcements