Game Development: Lettuce Imagine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Lettuce Imagine

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Lettuce to your local Windsown Weed.
  • Added generic input type "Salad Greens", presently matched by Beetroot Leaves, Lettuce Leaves, and Stinging Nettles.
  • Reimplemented Earthenware Platter from Legacy.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Quality percentage modifiers for tamed animals now go from 100% to 200%, rather than from 50% to 100%.
  • Fixed a small client crash bug which had reportedly been used offensively to crash people's clients. I'd like to remind everyone that using bugs offensively against others is frowned upon, and if anyone could -- now that it has been fixed -- be so forthcoming as to inform us of how they managed to trigger the bug in question on demand, that'd be swell. Also stop being retards, thanks.
  • Village Claims can no longer be extended from Field Cairns. Authority objects can, thus, not be built in an area claimed only by Field Cairns.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a typo in the satiation events for Steak & Tubers.
  • Fixed a small bug by which passengers in boats hearthing home would cause the boat to face the wrong way even if in motion.
  • Fixed a small bug by which people in boats would block eachother from getting out of said boats, hopefully thereby fixing this problem.
  • Fixed some small bugs with horses fleeing unnecessarily fast and using the wrong animation. Cape awarded to jorb for finding this.
  • Fixed a small bug with trying to leash multiple wild animals to the same hitching post not throwing an error message. Wolf Cape awarded to jorb for finding this.
  • Fixed a bug by which roaming animals would eat from all swill containers (coops, barrels). It occurs to us that this may be why some of you have reported suspiciously high food consumption on your chickens.
  • Fixed a few issues with animals breaking objects too aggressively, hopefully fixing this.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the close-the-window-X on animal character sheets to do nothing. Hermine Cloak awarded to jorb for finding this.
  • Made it so that you can mix various kinds of milk into generic milk, as suggested here.
  • Made it so that minehole soak ticks up over time as it should, as reported here.
  • Fixed a bug by which roundpole fences next to water could not be extended on account of being walls.
  • Made it so that you need vandalism or claim to destroy other people's hearthfires.
  • Lifting a boat now evicts anyone logged out in it, preventing him or her from relogging to the boat. This to prevent teleportation by boat.
  • Beetroot leaves now use leaf stockpile, rather than trash. Existing stockpiles containing leaves may behave oddly.
  • Chicken Salad, Red-Shred Salad, & Rabbit Food now require Salad Greens rather than Beetroot Leaves/Stinging Nettles specifically.
  • Toy Chariot now requires acre clay, rather than any clay. Need to discover acre clay.

We're working on something slightly bigger, so smaller patch today.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Lettuce Imagine

Postby Bowshot125 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:42 am

First
Bowshot125

Postby lordrio » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:42 am

Quality percentage modifiers for tamed animals now go from 100% to 200%, rather than from 50% to 100%.

yay
lordrio

Postby Malke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:43 am

Nice fixes! Enjoy the capes Jorb you deserve it!
Malke

Postby MightySheep » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 am

jorb wrote:Toy Chariot now requires acre clay, rather than any clay. Need to discover acre clay.

Why :(
MightySheep

Postby maze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 am

jorb wrote:[*] Village Claims can no longer be extended from Field Cairns. Authority objects can, thus, not be built in an area claimed only by Field Cairns.[/list]

:cry: i found this exploit and all i wanted was a cape :cry:

jorb wrote: Cape awarded to jorb for finding this. Wolf Cape awarded to jorb for finding this. Hermine Cloak awarded to jorb for finding this.

I KNOW YOU ARE TEMPING ME :o :o :o
Last edited by maze on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Redlaw » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 am

ooo nice lettuce
Redlaw

Postby Oddity » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 am

jorb wrote:We're working on something slightly bigger, so smaller patch today.

:)
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 am

So is Jorb cape master now?
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire