Spears, wooden swords, blunt attacks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Spears, wooden swords, blunt attacks

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:16 am

Add a green and red defensive maneuver only usable by someone holding a spear

Add the MC attack "Puncture"
Give it a higher armor penetration value than swords

Allow for wooden spears to be made which are slightly better than stone axes in terms of damage but are below militia swords
Add wooden swords which are slightly better than stone axes, but worse than wooden spears in terms of damage

Add 1-handed clubs and give frying pans the ability to blunt deal damage
Add MC ability "Crush" which deals damage to the helmet slot more than the other armor slots when a person is hit through their defences
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Spears, wooden swords, blunt attacks

Postby maze » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:26 am

jordancoles wrote:Add a green and red defensive maneuver only usable by someone holding a spear

Give it a higher armor penetration value than

Allow for wooden spears to be made which are slightly better than stone axes in terms of damage but are below militia swords
Add wooden swords which are slightly better than stone axes, but worse than wooden speaks in terms of damage

Add 1-handed clubs and give frying pans the ability to deal damage
Add MC ability "Crush" which deals damage to the helmet slot more than the other armor slots

but JC..red and green? now thats Pretty op.
Parry + Spear def would = 2 green (punch protection+ stab) 1 red (UA protection) 1 blue (UA protection)
that would be a new meta opening 3 attack slots. and if you make spears only 1 handed. adding shield...would be super OP.

MC attack "Puncture" what colour would it be?

the only thing I can agree with on here is clubs and frying pans.

if these skills ignore def moves to do dmg to armors. that would in turn be OP. if they were made to do damage to armor only but needed to break thought a def or 2 that would be more understandable (and would be ideal for taking down people with high Q armor)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 am

maze wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Add a green and red defensive maneuver only usable by someone holding a spear

Give it a higher armor penetration value than

Add wooden swords which are slightly better than stone axes, but worse than wooden speaks in terms of damage

Add 1-handed clubs and give frying pans the ability to deal damage
Add MC ability "Crush" which deals damage to the helmet slot more than the other armor slots

but JC..red and green? now thats Pretty op.
Parry + Spear def would = 2 green (punch protection+ stab) 1 red (UA protection) 1 blue (UA protection)
that would be a new meta opening 3 attack slots. and if you make spears only 1 handed. adding shield...would be super OP.
MC attack "Puncture" what colour would it be?

the only thing I can agree with on here is clubs and frying pans.

if these skills ignore def moves to do dmg to armors. that would in turn be OP. if they were made to do damage to armor only but needed to break thought a def or 2 that would be more understandable (and would be ideal for taking down people with high Q armor)

You need a sword to use parry and you can't use shield stance, which is already a green, red and a yellow defense with a fairly short cooldown for what it is.

Spear is a 2 handed weapon.

Puncture would be green, the same as other MC moves.
I never said they ignore defensive maneuvers, they just deal more damage through armor (once defenses have been broken or partially broken) than a sword does

This is no more OP than what we have currently, it just adds more variety to the game.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby spectacle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:21 am

Now that we have different kinds of stone I'd like to see a variety of stone weapons to let players without metal play with MC. Flint-tipped spears, dolomite maces, many possibilities.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby CloudJhi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:35 pm

+1 even if I'm already using soldier swords.

I'd really love more variety in MC combat.

Also I want a pink feldspar pigsticker. Make it happen.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby spawningmink » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

let us vstrike with fyring pans pls
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Cajoes » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:23 pm

I'd like the option to wield spears as a one-handed weapon so one can wield a shield and spear. But lose some tactical advantage of solely wielding the spear. Hoplit'ing it up as it were.
Cajoes

Postby Potjeh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:24 pm

jordancoles wrote:Give it a higher armor penetration value than swords

As in any at all?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Potjeh wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Give it a higher armor penetration value than swords

As in any at all?

It was implied that armor pen would be in again in some form eventually

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Cajoes wrote:I'd like the option to wield spears as a one-handed weapon so one can wield a shield and spear. But lose some tactical advantage of solely wielding the spear. Hoplit'ing it up as it were.

Agreed, need both long spears and short spears.
Last edited by Jackwolf on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas