cave-in boulders of closest stone type

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

cave-in boulders of closest stone type

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:10 pm

it's a bit silly how you have to build a house on top of a specific stone vein, then build a cellar in it, just to get a boulder of that stone. why not just make the cave-in boulders be a normal boulder of the closest stone type (as cellar boulders are already)? it's an easy renewable way to create runestones, and it would add some more atmosphere to mining, instead of just useless turd stones everywhere. it would also make stone somewhat easier to get for the nooblets.
Turtlesir

Re: cave-in boulders of closest stone type

Postby jorb » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:20 pm

And make caveins a potentially good thing? Sounds wrong.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:45 pm

there's some risk involved in causing cave-ins, is that not enough badness? it's not like people who can actively mine have much to gain from getting more stone, it's just for making it easier to make your land look better. honestly i find clearing out cellars just as tedious as clearing out cave-ins, if not more so.

some other way to renew boulders would be fine. the cellar thing is basically an exploit and shouldn't be the primary source for boulders.
Turtlesir

Postby Garfy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 pm

jorb wrote:And make caveins a potentially good thing? Sounds wrong.

It's not like ore is rare in this world (except copper). I'm sat on a cupboard full of silver bars, and I've still got about 20 silver veins left to mine.
Garfy

Postby Kaios » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Don't cave in more mine wall when you're breaking supports, rocks are fine but when you need to clear out an area of supports and destroying them creates more walls that you need supports to get rid of it kind of makes it hard.
Kaios

Return to Critique & Ideas