Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Postby Vigilance » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 am

venatorvenator wrote:
please fix
There's nothing to be fixed, stop trying to turn this game into a noob slaughterhouse, autoaggro is already enough.
You fight people who also want to fight with you, or you use horses, or you come up with a better ambush strategy, or you just raid them properly instead of wandering out on the map looking for easy sprucecap kills.

WOOOOOP WOOOOOOP WOOOOOOP

that's the sound of the alarm that makes it literally impossible to ambush people, and the same instant you hear that alarm is the same instant they autohearth.

the only way to "ambush" someone is to get them when they're entering an area through road or door. that's hardly good gameplay.

right now the fact that someone can literally avoid pvp just by having autohearth on in 90% of cases is NOT fun or fair to any party.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Onep » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:04 am

Death is permanent. Murder shouldn't be easy breezy.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby spawningmink » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:08 am

Onep wrote:Death is permanent. Murder shouldn't be easy breezy.

this is a permadeath game.....avoiding death wiht 100% success rate shouldnt be possible
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:33 am

spawningmink wrote:

this is a permadeath game.....avoiding death wiht 100% success rate shouldnt be possible

Not sure if it isn't 100%, but a high number around 95% perhaps.

I should also put this down on the table: Yes, it would be difficult for gankers to kill people, even sprucehats, when they have autohearth, but it is also equally difficult for genuine rangers to track and kill criminals as well which cause this odd stand-off between them where nothing is to be done.

The ones that are getting the short end of the sticks are the newbies whom don't have a wall yet (either due to how short they have played in total, or their walls haven't had the proper soak yet or gotten griefed), and those that are not using auto-hearth. The former is harder to kill but if they autohearth when raiders are at their door, though, they are dead; the latter are those that may have trouble with some custom clients, either due to not trusting them or have problems with trying to get them to run.

Just wanted to add my two lynx hide in this conversation.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby spawningmink » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
spawningmink wrote:

I should also put this down on the table: Yes, it would be difficult for gankers to kill people, even sprucehats, when they have autohearth, but it is also equally difficult for genuine rangers to track and kill criminals as well which cause this odd stand-off between them where nothing is to be done.

The ones that are getting the short end of the sticks are the newbies whom don't have a wall yet (either due to how short they have played in total, or their walls haven't had the proper soak yet or gotten griefed), and those that are not using auto-hearth. The former is harder to kill but if they autohearth when raiders are at their door, though, they are dead; the latter are those that may have trouble with some custom clients, either due to not trusting them or have problems with trying to get them to run.

Just wanted to add my two lynx hide in this conversation.

today we tracked scents for 2 hours jsut for him to auto hearth
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Vigilance » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:05 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
spawningmink wrote:

100%, unless the person aggroing had auto aggro, auto 4th speed, and or a horse.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Darruin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 am

It would be nice if there was actually viable methods of escape instead of 100% chance of death against someone with an inventory of waterskins. That's not fair. As a hermit losing one of my characters would pretty much destroy my production, as opposed to most of the pvpers who probably are part of a large village and aren't risking much, and have the odds heavily in their favour anyway.
Darruin

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas