Game Development: Leniency Central

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Leniency Central

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:17 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Cloth stockpile
  • Added Wool Cloth
  • Added "Birchbark Basket", container
  • Added "Bone Marrow", food
  • Added "Worm-Eaten Apple", curiosity

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Changed quality tracking to floating point to track quality fractions. Qualities gathered from nature are almost always integral. Most qualities belonging to "cycling" processes are made integral by rounding to nearest: crops, silk, tree planting, cattle, &c. Building qualities are made integral by rounding to nearest. The short item tooltip always displays qualities as rounded to nearest, and the long item tooltip displays qualities to the first decimal, except when qualities are exact integers, when the long tooltip also displays them as such, and without decimals. This is a fairly invasive change, and we have not been able to test every single quality mechanic or interaction beforehand, so we have taken the precaution of making a server backup in case this blows up entirely. Hopefully, however, this fixes the problem of poor quality tracking of substances and fluids. Feel free to keep your eyes on this and report any suspicious activitiy.
  • Seed piles of varying qualities no longer mix automatically when harvesting.
  • Fixed two reported (albeit highly situational) walljump bugs. Thank you for reporting, rather than exploiting.
  • Fixed the road bug.
  • Fixed the index out of bounds client bug.
  • Made it so that you cannot aggro over walls, hopefully fixing the problem with hitched animals despawning.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Improved bumpmap for brick tiles
  • Polished female character mesh slightly to avoid hand distortions.
  • Made Round shield a wall item.
  • Fixed a problem with shield equipping poorly.
  • Fixed a bug causing discovery of shield recipe to require sketches
  • Hogs, sows, piglets, calves and lambs now have avatar views set properly
  • Candles only cost one wax rather than two
  • Strawdolls only cost four straw rather than six
  • Wheelbarrow costs leather, rather than hard leather (Inb4, "Dzorby y u no reimburse?! UNFIAR! D:<")
  • Wheelbarrow can carry a full stockpile, rather than 40 units.
  • Wheelbarrow can now dump content to other objects if applicable. E.g. coop, trough, tarkiln, &c.
  • Fixed a bug with wheelbarrows interacting poorly with ridges.
  • Added sound to Wheelbarrow
  • Reduced water consumption when boiling cocoons and mussels from default 1 liter to 0.2 liters.
  • Flaxfibre and hempfibre drop to ground when harvesting, instead of being placed in inventory
  • Flaxfibre and hempfibre last ~two hours, rather than one, when dropped
  • Carrots, beets and beet leaves, and lettuceheads, last two hours when dropped, rather than ~40min
  • Bones last longer before despawning
  • Seed piles last ~an hour, rather than 40 minutes, when dropped.
  • Building a Minehole takes significantly more stamina
  • Crafting by alloying crucible generally faster
  • Birch has two units of bark, rather than one
  • Added new animation when using frying pan. Unfortunately it has a synch issue, but we shall have to live with that for the time being.
  • Added animation to harvesting beeswax and coal.
  • Added explanatory text to Wrought Iron crafting.
  • Added explanatory text to Firebrand.
  • Hopefully fixed a small graphical issue causing the pumpkin lantern to flicker at times.
  • Metal stockpile now holds 25 rather than 14.
  • Barkbread can now be made with any bark, rather than just birchbark
  • Opening natural galleries should no longer repave for you, as reported here.
  • Can dig away paving in caves using the dig command. Fixing this.
  • Fixed a bug with custom images breaking the profile avatar.
  • Fixed a bug with declaimed, inherited claims still existing for purposes of claiming cost.
  • Buffed chances of quality increases when planting trees and bushes, hopefully fixing this.
  • Widened the female river ford in the character creation room, fixing this report.
  • Made the deep water minimap texture a deeper blue as per this suggestion.
  • You can now turn hardened leather (back) into leather by Right-click:ing it to "Crack & Soften", allowing for quality shenaningas as per this suggestion.
  • Soil now decays significantly slower, as suggested here.
  • Input icon for tea now asks for "Cured Tea", rather than green tealeaves specifically, as reported here.
  • Improved interaction between Druid's cape and female hair and jackomask, partly as reported here.
  • Slightly improved setting of Winged Helmet, as suggested here.
  • Should now display name overlays on known Hearth Fires, as suggested here.
  • Qualities determined when butchering chickens now use the highest value of Survial or Farming, rather than only Survial, as suggested here.
  • Fixed a bug by which you could destroy objects, notably bodies, by logging out close to unmined tiles.

We Did Not Fix (or did we?)
-----------------------
For various reasons I've had reason to suspect that hitched wild animals can for some reason despawn. This has not been possible to reproduce, and loftar doubts the existence of such a bug, and believes someone aggroing the animals to be the likely explanation. We are therefore, in light of above fixes to prevent aggroing over walls, calling this fixed until someone reports it again.

Update your clients. Custom clients will crash untill they are updated to handling the new quality presentations.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Leniency Central

Postby warrri » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:18 am

yay
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Kirche » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:18 am

Can't have stockpiles for ropes but cloth, really you're gonna add stockpiles for that? :(
Kirche

Postby FerrousToast » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:22 am

STOCKPILES FOR ALL
FerrousToast

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 am

Kirche wrote:Can't have stockpiles for ropes but cloth, really you're gonna add stockpiles for that? :(

This reaction makes me want to revert the entire patch and set the cost of wheelbarrows to gold. Take heed, friends. Take heed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby barra » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 am

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Bone Marrow", food

Can it be cooked? Usually you cook or roast marrow for a few minutes.
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby Oddity » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:27 am

jorb wrote:You can now turn hardened leather (back) into leather by Right-click:ing it to "Crack & Soften", allowing for quality shenaningas as per this suggestion.

Should now display name overlays on known Hearth Fires, as suggested here.

Praise the various gods :]
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby AAlex » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:27 am

jorb wrote:[*] Widened the female river ford in the character creation room, fixing this report.

Long live the matriarchy!
Last edited by AAlex on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
AAlex

Postby bmjclark » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:28 am

jorb wrote:
Kirche wrote:Can't have stockpiles for ropes but cloth, really you're gonna add stockpiles for that? :(

This reaction makes me want to revert the entire patch and set the cost of wheelbarrows to gold. Take heed, friends. Take heed.

I have more gold than leather, please do ;) .
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby CaptainMidget » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:28 am

barra wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Added "Bone Marrow", food

Can it be cooked? Usually you cook or roast marrow for a few minutes.

This is so fucked up. Last time I went out to dinner with my Grandma she ate the bone marrow out of the lamb bones. It was fucking disgusting. Thanks for reminding me of the wicked old witch of the west, Jorb.
CaptainMidget

Next

Return to Announcements