off-time.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

off-time.

Postby maze » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 pm

now that trade is being ironed out and pretty much settle in- we need to move onto another discussion what I like to call off-time.

off-time is generally anything that can be done as leisure time within the game that does not require grinding-

Sparing is one of the current things we do- to pass time

But we need a few other things~ but what?

-chess board
-backgammon
-write books/read
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: off-time.

Postby lachlaan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:01 pm

I'll shoot down at least one of your suggested activities on account of having seen it burn bright for a while then burn out in Salem. Granted Jorb/Loftar's implementation of it might be a bit different from their students' chosen path, but I personally believe that if people can't be bothered to write fancy stuff on the forums they won't bother with it ingame, not for leisure anyway. And adding any incentive to it will just make it a side-grind.

The chess/checkers/backgammon might work but tbh I'd rather see some of the systems in the game become less grindy and more fun-oriented. Exploration for one is something I find fun, and the few joys it might bring (fate curios) are reduced in probability by simply exploring too much.

Mini-games would indeed be nice, but those would require some graphical implementations that'd take time away from other devving things.

If some systems were more polished to begin with you could have sparring tournaments with townies, or target practice tournaments with the same townies. Gauntlets, obstacle courses / paths picked by one person for others to run, and see who adapts the best on short notice.

One thing that I'd like to see added to the one pass-time you mentioned, sparring, is group-fights. Not too experienced to know if it works, but it'd be great to be able to form 2 parties, leader sends a wargame sparring request to the other leader and then you can create custom scenarios that make more sense for practicing realistic haven PvP. Ganks, that is. Go 4v1 and chase one of your townies till they cry under threat of stealing all their gear. Then when the real gank happens he'll be prepared and keep his composure :D
lachlaan

Re: off-time.

Postby Granger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:55 am

Party level spar might be something, even when it is only useable for bigger towns.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Critique & Ideas