Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Base Destruction [Video]

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:09 pm

After reading through Jorb's siege post I decided to throw this video together just to show how raiding currently works at the moment

Removing months of work can be done effortlessly by using animals to bash, and you can do it without getting the redhanded debuff.
Animals can even destroy things for you while you're on the visitor debuff, meaning you can leave nothing but a trespass scent behind if you really wanted to.

Jorb wrote:Strike a cow. The cow falls prone. 6 hours later the cow can be struck again. Three strikes and the cow dies.

Jorbtar suggested that in the new update, domesticated animals would take damage ticks. I'm unsure of how this would work outside of claim though. Sure, cows will be killable under this system in 18 hours minimum if you're following the suggested system, but instead we would simply bash the pen open, make airlocks leading outside using stockpiles of branches, and then shoo them off claim to kill them instantly.

I'm posting this video in the hopes that there will be a solid discussion of mechanics instead of just implementing a new system that affects siege and then sorting it out later.
Yes, we went above and beyond what we would have normally destroyed, and yes, it was a dick move. Sorry to the dude we fukt up, but I wanted to record this type of thing at least once because Jorbtar seems to be ignorant to how the game is actually played.
Here is the video, watch in 720p

3:33ish is when we start animal-bashing for the lazy people

Animals are far too eager to break things at the moment, and even with the fancy new siege timers and weapons, unless something is done about it, every raid is going to look like this after the first wall goes down.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby Eemerald » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:15 pm

it's a really nice place...:(
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Eemerald wrote:it's a really nice place...:(

It was a good bashing target, yeah

The guy saw us mid-bash and he alt-vaulted all of his steel and shit. The video is just to show off the animal AI though, I wouldn't have bothered to post about this raid normally, but it does seem really stupid that you can do as much damage as this simply by finding a boar nearby
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MightySheep » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm

so whos base was that?

also daym your mc and ac still so low but at least u can kill horses now lol
MightySheep

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 pm

MightySheep wrote:so whos base was that?

also daym your mc and ac still so low but at least u can kill horses now lol

I put nearly zero effort into grind :lol:

And no idea, some random base

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MightySheep » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm

jordancoles wrote:I put nearly zero effort into grind :lol:

the trick is to join a village where you can just leech off the curios and food all day long

or put more effort into looting that stuff then you dont have to make it
MightySheep

Postby Asgaroth22 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 pm

That's fked up real big. Was a nice base though. His fault entirely for having steel and not having brickwall.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby MightySheep » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:That's fked up real big. Was a nice base though. His fault entirely for having steel and not having brickwall.

to be fair it looked like he got raided on the very day he planned to make his bwall

he had all the bricks lined up and somebody in video said he had just finished smelting the steel

sucks to be him I suppose
MightySheep

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Sucks to see an aesthetically IMMERSIVE base go but what can you do.
DDDsDD999

Postby ramones » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:32 pm

I understand you would raid anyone to get some loot and kills. Why would you destroy his brick stuff, manisons and other stuff? :(
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Next

Return to The Moot