Runed Dolmen & Nidbane Fetter bug?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Runed Dolmen & Nidbane Fetter bug?

Postby Vivikus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:28 pm

in experimentation of the new Nidbanes, myself and a friend decided to test out the creatures. I attacked her (the assault scent cannot be used) and knocked her out to get the Battery scent.

I picked up my own scent and discovered the Nidbane crafting items, the Dolmen and the Fetter. When she picked up the scent, she did not discover it. She relogged and tried again and still no discovery.

We thought maybe only one person can discover per scent, so another character came over and discovered it after I had, and then my alt came over and made the same discovery as well. So more than one person can use the same scent to discover the items. It seems that when an assault is committed against you, the scent does not provide the discovery for the Nidbane items.

We'll post a couple little screenies of menus without the items and the scent on the ground in a moment.
Vivikus

Re: Runed Dolmen & Nidbane Fetter bug?

Postby Vivikus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:28 pm

reserved

Last edited by Vivikus on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivikus

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 pm

I can confirm there is something weird things happening with discovering scents.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby darklingsun » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Even my alt was able to pick up the scent and receive the recipes. It would seem that the only one affected by it was the character that the crime was against. At least in mine and vivi's case.
darklingsun

Postby Sikelh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:47 am

Had vivi maybe discovered scents prior to the update and somehow bugged out there?
"I have no idea who
you are, but I
thank you for
arousing me."
Sikelh

Postby Gordon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:20 pm

same here, my alt could discover ferret and dolmen, but my main can't. :?
Gordon

Postby Vivikus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Sikelh wrote:Had vivi maybe discovered scents prior to the update and somehow bugged out there?

I don't think that would do anything to her ability discover though. And no I didn't have the discovery.

Everyone in our city has been able to make the discovery with the exception to Darklingsun's main character, including Darklingsun's other characters.
Vivikus

Postby bmjclark » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

I had to leave multiple scents and grab a few of them before it gave me the discovery. Not really sure what exactly causes it.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Return to Bugs