Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:07 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • All things dropped in the water are now saved. Sometimes these goods wash up on beaches, and sometimes you can catch them while fishing.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Battering rams can not be destroyed until 18 hours after build completion, i.e. 6 hours before they can be used.
  • Battering rams now have a repair time of 8 hours, as in Legacy, rather than 24 hours as we had accidentally made it.
  • Battering rams can be destroyed 2 hours after repair, i.e. 6 hours before they can be used again.
  • Thus: Battering rams can always be destroyed 6 hours before they can be used, and never before.
  • All livestock animals now have three lives each. If you "kill" a domestic animal in combat, it will instead become knocked out and lose one life. Knocked out livestock get back up again after 12 hours, with one life less. Livestock animals die permanently once the third life is lost. Update your clients for small fix pertaining to knocked out effect being applied to animals.
  • Leashing and shooing livestock now follow the same rules as slaughtering, i.e. they can only be performed with vandalism permissions.
  • Nidbanes now use the highest value of their target's Unarmed, Melee or Ranged values.
  • A maximum of five Nidbanes can be dispatched against any given player. If you attempt to craft a new Nidbane Fetter against a player who already has five Nidbanes after him, a new Nidbane will only be added if the new Nidbane has better average stats than one of the five already aimed at the target, that same lower quality fetter being replaced and shattering.
  • Fixed Nidbane armor penetration.
  • Fixed the disappearing currency bug.
  • Fixed a Charter stone visitor bug.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Livestock conceived after this patch now present the names of their parents.
  • Smithy's Hammer, and Frying Pan are now a wall items, partly as suggested here.
  • Fixed a small update bug with poultice debuffs not clearing until character is recalculated.
  • Fixed the scent pickup bug.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • We want to add more time-gated destruction to critical or otherwise expensive production facilities such as houses, ovens, coops, &c, but we'd also like to avoid making those things into efficient wall objects, for which reason we haven't acted upon that desire yet.
  • We would like to further incentivize sending a few high quality Nidbanes, rather than constantly spamming them, but haven't thought of a good mechanic yet.
  • We are considering the Nidbanes' attack and visibility logics. Not entirely sure on what to do about it yet.

This update will bring many sweet and delicious tears I'm sure, so make sure you...

Enjoy!

Note: We reverted some changes from this patch (overlined above), and also added a few small things.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby Valkoria » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:08 am

When dumping stuff in the water, whats the range people can fish it up? Or is it world wide.
Valkoria

Postby Dominick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:10 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • All things dropped in the water are now saved. Sometimes these goods wash up on beaches, and sometimes you can catch them while fishing.

I can imagine all the keys that'll wash up on shores, and be caught fishing. :mrgreen:
Dominick

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:10 am

Valkoria wrote:When dumping stuff in the water, whats the range people can fish it up? Or is it world wide.

The currents carry things to the strangest places.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Smoopadoop » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:10 am

Aight update, prettygood/10
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:11 am

For the record, things have been saved since yesterday, so there's already some phat l3wts to be had.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jalpha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:12 am

Do you have a list?
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:12 am

Jalpha wrote:Do you have a list?

Of? Items in the water? Then yes, I do, but I'm not telling. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Smoopadoop » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 am

loftar wrote:phat l3wts

oh boy
though I really do wonder, would people drop a village's valuables in the water as a form of griefing? do people do that, or do they just destroy everything and go on their way?
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 am

Feels like I should start dumping extra curos into the rivers and so on. Another way to gift poppies to people lol.

Sounds like a good update, I feel like there will be some super amazing ones coming up. But one tweaking the last one mainly is just fine.
Redlaw

Next

Return to Announcements