Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby rigeborod » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:50 am

Leez03 wrote:Found a parchment on beach..

Someone can translate ? :D

"And he saw a wild boar. And thought of meat, cracklings and leather shoes. And he felt good. And then bad. 'Cause wild boar saw him too."

Actually there's a typo in this parchment. That's why it was drawn in the lake by my friend.
rigeborod

Postby Grable » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:05 am

jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

What would be reasonable?

Life is Feudal has a thing called Judgement Hour. Basically server admins set a time when people can siege settlements, usually at reasonable times depending on the continent (so for example Tuesdays and Sundays 20:00-24:00 CET on an european server). I would propose a similar system, except you give lets say 3 different judgement hour settings each village can choose (to cover all the parts of the world, since we have one server for everyone):
- Tuesdays/Sundays 20:00-24:00 CET
- Tuesdays/Sundays 20:00-24:00 PST (or some other NA timezone)
- Tuesdays/Sundays 20:00-24:00 (russian/asian timezone)

So once a village chooses the european judgement hour, it can be raided/sieged every tuesday and sunday in that timeframe. To cater to this, rams would have to have a much shorter drying period, for example 30mins-1h. I think this is a good way to deal with being raided when you do not want to be raided, aka you know what time you're open to attacks and can appropriately arrange your people and defenses, instead of having to wake up in the middle of the night because someone from NA placed middle-of-the-night ram on your EU property.
Last edited by Grable on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grable

Postby Ukhata » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:11 am

i like the update enough.
but still no use for hops cones :)
Ukhata

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 am

Admittedly we missed some fairly obvious interactions here. Sorry about that. Will reconsider tonight.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby simimi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:01 am

Grable wrote:So once a village chooses the european judgement hour, it can be raided/sieged every tuesday and sunday in that timeframe. To cater to this, rams would have to have a much shorter drying period, for example 30mins-1h. I think this is a good way to deal with being raided when you do not want to be raided, aka you know what time you're open to attacks and can appropriately arrange your people and defenses, instead of having to wake up in the middle of the night because someone from NA placed middle-of-the-night ram on your EU property.

YES !
Please, look at this devs, there are not other way to solve the problem and make everybody happy.

I suggest : village choose 5 days/ week ( think about non-no-lifers ), 4h window to be raid. Ram take 2h to dry.
simimi

Postby Smoopadoop » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 am

jorb wrote:Admittedly we missed some fairly obvious interactions here. Sorry about that. Will reconsider tonight.

S A V E D
A
V
E
D
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby pedorlee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 am

This is what I-ve found this morning.
Can anybody translate this pls

pedorlee

Postby simimi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Pollution is a nice addition to the game ¦] well I guess it desapear after people leave the grind.
simimi

Postby rigeborod » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:59 pm

pedorlee wrote:This is what I-ve found this morning.
Can anybody translate this pls

"Once upon a time maiden strolled through the forest. And saw the Deer. Deer stood and was about to speak in human voice... but 'twas too late. Fresh sausages will be at the kitchen."
rigeborod

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements