Game Development: Convenient Salve

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Convenient Salve

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:37 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Convenience. Subscribers now get a 100% Convenience speed bonus, and verified accounts get 25%, when: Crafting, Building, Chopping trees, Sawing Boards, Chopping Blocks, Fishing, Butchering, and Chipping Stone. The incentives to subscribe have seemed low, so we thought this could be an OK way to increase them. Feel free to opine.
  • Fixed the final little crux for variable materials mentioned last patch. Runestones now display runes only after they have been carved upon, and signs their text only after they have been written upon. The water and straw meshes on the Chicken Coop should now display only when the Coop is more than half-full of swill and water respectively. Food Troughs now use variable materials. Wells now have animation. Carts now use variable materials. UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS!
  • Added overlay textures to: Palisade, Mine support, Stone Column, Food Trough, Well, Cottage Throne, Cottage Table, Rustic Chair, Rustic Table
  • Re-added the old food level-up effect from Legacy.
  • Added "Hartshorn Salve", medicine. Boil horns, treat Severe Maulings and Blunt Trauma. Requested here.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a bug by which it was possible to be swimming (and drowning) while in a boat after having jumped off a ridge. Reported here, here, and here. Sorry for your losses.
  • Looked at animal hit ranges, and they should hopefully be better. A persistent bug still makes it possible for animals to aggro over walls under some circumstances, but the fix is not obvious.
  • Kiting Nidbanes should now be harder. Attacking a Nidbane causes it to attack its target if the target is present. Attacking a Nidbane requires the Rage skill.
  • Trolls now wait and thump their chest for a while before attacking after spawning.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Should now see village icon on all villagers, not just the ones you have kinned. Reported here.
  • Fixed a bug by which Miner's Helmets were lightable even without a candle in them. Reported here.
  • Horses should now -- by God -- have an animation when in combat/when ready to tame. Reported here.
  • Prospecting should now reveal caverns and mined out areas instead of reporting the mineral that would have been there were it not already mined out. Reported here.
  • Paved tiles should no longer prevent the propagation of caveins. Reported in PM.
  • Should now be able to dump i.e. coal from wheelbarrows to fuel meters. Reported here.
  • Added some Rats to caves, as suggested here.
  • Previously, right-clicking on objects was forbidden while you were unable to leave a trespass scent, for example when you had a visitor debuff, criminal actions turned off, or lacked the trespassing skill. You are now instead allowed to at least right-click objects whenever criminal actions are turned on, even though you may still fail to actually commit a crime against them, due to, for example, a visitor debuff. Minor thing.
  • Roads should no longer place you in the deep while swimming is turned off. Reported here.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Mostly cleanups here, as we're taking the rest of our time this week and applying it primarily toward getting client optimization done.
  • The next big project remains object controlled objects mentioned last patch, and we will most likely start investigating that next week.
  • I want to overhaul/significantly iterate on the curiosity and combat systems, so that's on the horizon.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Convenient Salve

Postby Fostik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

Me first
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

thanks you
NeoBasilisk

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

Much pras
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby wolf1000wolf » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:40 am

Time to subscribe.
wolf1000wolf

Postby Tamalak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 am

Holy subscriber perk
Tamalak

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 am

Re-added the old food level-up effect from Legacy.

I'd actually missed this quite a bit

Should now see village icon on all villagers, not just the ones you have kinned. Reported here.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=47611#p620739

God, I'm just the best (flex)
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 am

jorb wrote:Added Convenience. Subscribers now get a 100% Convenience speed bonus, and verified accounts get 25%, when: Crafting, Building, Chopping trees, Sawing Boards, Chopping Blocks, Fishing, Butchering, and Chipping Stone. The incentives to subscribe have seemed low, so we thought this could be an OK way to increase them. Feel free to opine.

This is seeming fine for me.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 am

Nice patch, thank you.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby RickyRio » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 am

jorb wrote:[*] Added Convenience. Subscribers now get a 100% Convenience speed bonus, and verified accounts get 25%, when: Crafting, Building, Chopping trees, Sawing Boards, Chopping Blocks, Fishing, Butchering, and Chipping Stone. The incentives to subscribe have seemed low, so we thought this could be an OK way to increase them. Feel free to opine.

Just to be clear, this does not change energy consumption at all, just the speed?
RickyRio

Next

Return to Announcements