showing names on inspect

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

showing names on inspect

Postby synaris » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

harmless little thing that id like, when i inspect something like a tree or bush i want to see its name in addition to its quality. some bushes are hard to tell apart and im tired of having to pick berries or something to tell what it is.

i cant imagine how this feature would hurt anything.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Re: showing names on inspect

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:13 pm

synaris wrote:harmless little thing that id like, when i inspect something like a tree or bush i want to see its name in addition to its quality. some bushes are hard to tell apart and im tired of having to pick berries or something to tell what it is.

i cant imagine how this feature would hurt anything.

I think is good idea. Should be standard on all objects, really.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:01 pm

I kind of like that the game is a bit open minded about what things are.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby mvgulik » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:10 am

BUMP

Considering hearthlings are now gifted with the power to identify any newly seen tree or bush from far far away.

It would be nice to also be able to identify any of the now 60+ trees, and 25+ bushes, up close.

The icons feature is nice for generally locating a particular tree in the wild. But falls short for doing so in a general tree farm.
Having to fall back on a visual compare on RoB is not working nicely either.

Just add it to the inspect tool output (for user planted stuff only if need be), and potentially beautify it later if that is a concern.

(same makes sense for logs in my view, if your going to do this for trees and bushes)
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:18 pm

Ok ... in that case lets try something else until something changes in this particular area.
At least there is no worries about stunted trees this time.
:|
mvgulik

Return to Critique & Ideas