Game Development: Breath of Air

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
The Inner Party has been reduced to include only the moderation team, and is thus functionally dissolved.

It was a pleasure helping you how I can.

The pleasure is mine. I hope you will continue to do so.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 am

Hasta wrote:This, exactly. All other things (free gilding slots, ultra-fast curio study etc) I find wacky and ugly, but that I can live with. Grinding stats non-stop just to be able to say "fuck you" to an occasional raider passing by my hermitage? Thanks but no thanks.

I see.
I've once (w6?) quit for good for a smiliar reason. Stat caps and some other things brought me back.
Still siege systems, satiations and nidbanes are in place, so I will see where it leads.
Last edited by Grog on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby overtyped » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:57 am

i've been too fucked by jorb to play the game seriously, but i still like the changes. When the world resets, ill definately give it a go!
I hope that free to players won't get rekt tho!
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ricky » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-wKQqBBnY

"Just a heads up, we're gonna remove the stat cap and extend the map. i'll be honest, we're throwing patches at the wall to see what sticks"
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:59 am

there have always bin people stronger then others in our world making it so everyone is average only makes it boring.
pvp will never be fixed because it cant be fixed some people will always spend more time then u in playing and so will be stronger then u.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:01 am

wonder-ass wrote:there have always bin people stronger then others in our world making it so everyone is average only makes it boring.

Well, now you can have all the fun you want being total shit compared to bot-grinding raiding factions with their combat stats getting to 4-digits in a matter of days. But everyone won't be average, right?
Hasta

Postby Archiplex » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 am

jorb wrote:[*] Expanded the map a fair bit in all directions.
[*] Removed level caps.

Well, one step backward for every good movement i suppose.

One thing I would really appreciate in patch notes is more insight into changes such as this? I get by now that some changes are radical and unpredictable but i can't fathom the logistics you guys use sometimes (i.e nidbane exploit being 'intended' even though it's fairly obviously a bug- how is it fair for anyone who doesn't know about the bug? even if it is easy to avoid, you dont know when you die. You just wake up dead somehow.)

Idunno, maybe it's ignorable gripe from someone's who's quit, but i can't help but feel attached and having some hope for the game getting better- but i don't think that'll be possible without you two letting us in on the direction you actually want, and your perceived goals with these changes.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:07 am

Hasta wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:there have always bin people stronger then others in our world making it so everyone is average only makes it boring.

hasta wrote:Well, now you can have all the fun you want being total shit compared to bot-grinding raiding factions with their combat stats getting to 4-digits in a matter of days. But everyone won't be average, right?

ill be shit and thats fine peasants like me shouldnt be compared to knights and kingdoms.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Thop » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:08 am

I love the moderators!
Thop

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:09 am

overtyped wrote:
Hasta wrote:

Well, now you can have all the fun you want being total shit compared to bot-grinding raiding factions with their combat stats getting to 4-digits in a matter of days. But everyone won't be average, right?

could always make botting a permaban, and watch active players randomly every few days to watch if they are botting. Games like wow failed to stop bots because they don't care, and they give light punishements. Permaban !

Yeah pfft right, like that's ever going to happen.
Removing statcaps was THE worst move. I can understand it being done in a new world. But midworld? Gee, thanks, I've stopped producing quality stat foods weeks ago. You know why, jorb dearest? Because I was statcapped. Now I need to start all over again because on a whim and out of the blue you decided "fck it, let's jerk the ropes and watch them dance". "Seeing no PvP" or whatever is not even close to a justifying reason. But yeah, ofcourse, "eternal alpha" gives you carte-blanshe to do that.

As my polish neighbours say, smh. Just smh.

PS: I don't know why overtyped removed his post but I'm gonna quote it anyways.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements